hi,
i am new in this WAP thingy. Recently I have downloaded Mobile Zoo (MZ) and has installed them in my system. I am interested in building a WAP portal and seemingly MZ is the best example. I studied the files in the 'Information Pages' from MZ and tried playing with it using NMIT.

For your info, I use MySQL (in c:\MySQL\data\mobilezoodb) and has already build 'mobilezoodb' as requested in the Mobile Zoo. Also, i have got the 'e2' directory of the MZ in my Tomcat servlet container installed in c:\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\e2. After activating Tomcat startup, I launched NMIT and run http://localhost/e2/index.jsp and it loads well. When i go to members.jsp and start logging in using username 'zoo' and password 'mobile', an error occurs that says 'Operation aborted by server'. When i looked in the Tomcat startup monitor, these errors has been generated:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
at org.apache.jsp.members_jsp.jspInit(members_jsp.java:28)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.init(HttpJspBase.java:119)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:153)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:411)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:361)
at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:472)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:184)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:260)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)

at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:432)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:386)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:534)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:530)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

What's the cause?? For your info I did stored in 'zoo' as username and 'mobile' as password in 'mobilezoodb' (as requested in manual). For your info my 'e2/WEB-INF/lib' directory contains 'mysql-connector-java-2.0.14-bin.jar' JDBC file which contains a 'com/mysql/jdbc' class dir and an 'org/gjt/mm/mysql/Driver' class dir.

My initial assumptions of the caused problems got something to do in:
1. the 'web.xml' configs in WEB-INF OR
2. some initialisation lines in 'members.jsp's JDBC DriverManager OR
3. the localhost fails to find the 'mobielzoodb' database?

Correct me if I'm wrong. For your info, my http://localhost which is initially '8080' has been configured to '80'.

How can I make that sample work by logging in 'members.jsp' as 'zoo' and password 'mobile' just as the manual says.

Need help. Thanx.