Discussion Board

Thread: GPS Accuracy

Regular Contributor

GPS Accuracy

hi i want to get the GPS LAT,LONG,ALT with good accuracy of 1-5 meters how that is possible.
    i came to know from wiki that it is possible to get the GPS LAT LONG of Accuracy within 1-5 meters
    by
    "GPS covers the whole of the Earth and is able to afford sufficient accuracy of consumer's coordinates. Taking into consideration all the averagings, it can provide the accuracy almost about 1-5 meters."

you can find it here http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/GPS

i am using NOKIA 6110 NAVIGATOR which has AGPS what can i do to get the accurate LAT,LONG,ALT . please help

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Re: GPS Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by lokesh_kumar_s View Post
    hi i want to get the GPS LAT,LONG,ALT with good accuracy of 1-5 meters how that is possible.
    i came to know from wiki that it is possible to get the GPS LAT LONG of Accuracy within 1-5 meters
    by
    "GPS covers the whole of the Earth and is able to afford sufficient accuracy of consumer's coordinates. Taking into consideration all the averagings, it can provide the accuracy almost about 1-5 meters."

you can find it here http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/GPS

i am using NOKIA 6110 NAVIGATOR which has AGPS what can i do to get the accurate LAT,LONG,ALT . please help
    Hello,
    Frankly I donot feel it can reach the accuracy level at 1 to 5 meters always .. Though sometimes u can get exact coordinates too...
    Its depends on HDOP value too....lesser is HDOP more accurate will be the Lat /long

Regular Contributor

Re: GPS Accuracy

hi swapnilb83,
    what could be the minimum accuracy that i can expect from my Nokia Navigator which is having AGPS

Regular Contributor

Also Please specify if u have worked with the GPS early.because with that expierience, people know how to maximize the accuracy

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: GPS Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by lokesh_kumar_s View Post
    hi swapnilb83,
    what could be the minimum accuracy that i can expect from my Nokia Navigator which is having AGPS
    I am using Nokia 6110 since last 1.5 years for live tracking ... With this, i can say, u can get good accuracy in the range of 5 to 20 meters in avg ....but it is not always consistent due to number of affecting parameters

Regular Contributor

hi swapnilb83,
    can you please provide me the place where i can find the symbian c++ code to get GPS data (LAT/LONG/alt). i am using same Nokia 6110 navigator so it supports AGPS also. please help.
    ---
    Regards
    Lokesh Kumar S.

Super Contributor

Besides the S60 C++ SDK documentation, check out the wiki: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ation_Articles

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by swapnilb83 View Post
    I am using Nokia 6110 since last 1.5 years for live tracking ... With this, i can say, u can get good accuracy in the range of 5 to 20 meters in avg ....but it is not always consistent due to number of affecting parameters
    hi swapnulb83,
    you specified that you used Nokia 6110 since last 1.5 years. I want to ask you a question you told that you did live tracking using Nokia 6110 navigator right? while sending GPS data(lat/lon) do you need to keep the 6110 navigator slide open(open slide) or is it capable of sending Lat/lon even if the navigator slide is closed? please tell me
    ---
    Regards
    Lokesh Kumar S.

Hi,
    I want to find the GPS location accuracy.
    Android have getAccuracy() method to find the gps accuracy.
    Any built in functions are available in j2me? or Any other solution is available in j2me?
    Please Help me.....

Nokia Developer Moderator

Clue: this is the Symbian C++ board. Consider asking in the Mobile Java section.

Super Contributor

And before you ask, DileepKumar, check out the existing wiki articles first: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ation_Articles

And if you still have problems, check out if the problem has already been discussed and solved in existing discussions: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...?search_type=1