Discussion Board

Call bubble must be fixed

Hi all,

I have an application that doesn't use native controls, but paints everything directly to screen. When an incoming call takes place, application goes to background so user can see the incoming call screen. Once application is restored, it doesn't display the call bubble that appears when there is an active call, and which is displayed in applications that do use native controls. I have been trying the same with some other apps, pre-installed in phone, that draw the whole screen, and they don't display call bubble.

The problem I have is that Nokia requires this to be fixed in order to pass Symbian Signed test.

How to solve this? I've been trying with RNotifier, CAknIndicatorContainer, CEikonEnv::Static()->RootWin().SetOrdinalPosition (see http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?p=538302) and I got nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Call bubble must be fixed

If the call bubble is hidden beneath your application's content then you will have to display the bubble yourself whenerver there is a call in progress.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

you will have to display the bubble yourself whenerver there is a call in progress
    Yes, I know. The problem is how do I do this?

Thank u

Nokia Developer Champion

Thank you A.A.M. I'll try on monday and will tell how it works, although it seems in the reference you gave they explain how to display a custom information note, not the call bubble.

Nokia Developer Moderator

That posts shows you how to read the line status so that you know whether the bubble should be shown or not. If you need help with blitting a bitmap on the screen then just do a bit o search in the SDK docs, it's really easy :)
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

That posts shows you how to read the line status so that you know whether the bubble should be shown or not.
    And also has a link where it tells how to create a custom information note.

If you need help with blitting a bitmap on the screen then just do a bit o search in the SDK docs, it's really easy :)
    Thank u for your useless response. I wanted to know how to display the call bubble that the phone shows when a call is going on, not my own bitmap.

Nokia Developer Champion

If i understand you correctly, you want to display small call-bubble that appears after user already answer on call and call is active (during a call time) (usually at the top of the screen), right?

If i understand you correctly, you want to display small call-bubble that appears after user already answer on call and call is active (during a call time) (usually at the top of the screen), right?
    Yes, it's exactly that.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

Prior to the 5th edition it might be possible to display the small incall status bubble in fullscreen application also at least by using the usual status pane layout and not setting it non-visible, but rather drawing the application on top of the status pane. This is due to the fact that the small incall status bubble requires status pane to be visible.
    I believe that from the 5th edition onwards the small incall status bubble requires the status pane to be actually visible on the screen.

Thank you, Hess. I had solved it using a different approach.

Quote Originally Posted by jmblazquez View Post
    Thank you, Hess. I had solved it using a different approach.
    hi, jmblazquez ,i'm meeting with the same problem, can you tell me how did you solved it? thx verey much!