Discussion Board

Start-up parameters of Nokia Maps

Does anyone know where can I find information on start-up parameters of Nokia Maps?
    It definitely accepts some because e.g. Landmarks application is able to launch Nokia Maps focused on a landmark rather than the current user position, or even to immediately start navigation to the landmark.
    In my WRT widget, I am able to pop-up Nokia Maps and the API (widget.openApplication) allows passing some parameters to it. But what those parameters are? Google-based search did not bring any answers..

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Start-up parameters of Nokia Maps

AFAIK, those parameters are not available in public.

Nokia Developer Expert

Actually managed to confuce myself, should have said that AFAIK, there is no parameters supplied to the Maps application, instead a non-public API is used in there to open the Maps application, currently again AFAIK the API is not available for normal API partnering, this is due the fact that Maps application is not part of Symbian nor part of S60, and there are some issues with licensing.

Maybe then somebody knows about Google Maps Mobile? Does it take any start-up parameters?
    I tried, but neither "ll=x,y" (from normal API) nor "center=x,y" (static maps API) affected the behavior of application when it poped-up from the widget.