Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Question Question: About usage of Silent Installation API for certification issue

Hello,

i am using Silent Installation API in my application for installing openC plugin and APS, in order to hidden those popup confirm windows during their installations.

But now I have a question, those applications, installed through Silent Installation API, don't be uninstalled automatically, if my own application is uninstalled. Should they also be uninstalled by silent Installation API by my application's uninstallation, in order to pass the symbiansigned certification test?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Pai
    Symbian && Android && iPhoneOS

Super Contributor

Re: Question: About usage of Silent Installation API for certification issue

Quote Originally Posted by paipeng View Post
    Hello,

i am using Silent Installation API in my application for installing openC plugin and APS, in order to hidden those popup confirm windows during their installations.

But now I have a question, those applications, installed through Silent Installation API, don't be uninstalled automatically, if my own application is uninstalled. Should they also be uninstalled by silent Installation API by my application's uninstallation, in order to pass the symbiansigned certification test?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Pai
    Anything that has been installed/copied/created as part of your application's installation process should be cleaned up when your application is un-installed, so I would say the responsibility to uninstall open c/aps does lie on your app only. And if you dont do it Symbian Signing will definitely object to it, so unless you can have a strong case to defend why u r not cleaning up they wont pass/give u a waiver on it.
    Cheers,
    Mayank

Super Contributor

Hi Mayank,

thanks for your answer. That is also what I thought to be.

(Now I will try to find out, howto make it work.)

Regards

Pai

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by paipeng View Post
    Hi Mayank,

thanks for your answer. That is also what I thought to be.

(Now I will try to find out, howto make it work.)

Regards

Pai
    The advanced options in the pkg file should allow you to do that :-

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...e_File_Options

You can also check the possibility of using the SWI API from the sdk plug in apiset, in case you want to uninstall it programatically but then you wont know when your own app is being uninstalled though!!
    Cheers,
    Mayank

Super Contributor

Now I got a problem,

when i use package setting: 'FR, RR' for a program, which uses Silent Installation API to uninstall those packages, there is error panic:

Code:
    const TInt KSWInstErrBusy = -30481; // Installer is busy doing some other operation
    It means, during uninstallation of my application, the silent installation API cann't be used.

Does anyone have an idee, how to remove packages, which are installed by silent installation api?

Thanks in advance

Pai