Discussion Board

ASP Response Content Type error, XHTML

I have solved the problem, just change the emulator to Nokia 6590 stimulator. Thanks your for help
    Hi, I have this error, XHTML Browser: Bad content type encountered when I tried to use an ASP page to return XHTML content. I tried these 3 MIME types but none work, text/html, application/xhtml+xml, application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml. Does anyone has an asp page that returns XHTML works? If yes, is it possible to send me the sample codes so I can work on it? Does anyone know how to solve this problem as this is ann urgent problem. Please reply if you know, thanks.

002815k@nyp.edu.sg

Regular Contributor

RE: ASP Response Content Type error, XHTML

Hi!

Which phone or simulator you are using? Could you post here the code or the URL to your service so that we can test it?

Kind regards,
    Satu/Forum Nokia Developer Support

RE: ASP Response Content Type error, XHTML

The NMIT emulator will display this message if you go to an ASP page that generates HTML text. (NMB v3.0.1)

The page will display properly when accessed via a genuine 3650. This seems to be a limitation of the emulator.

I guess the work around is to test with static pages. By the way, I've found it useful to use a .html extension rather than .xhtml This simplifies access from IE and other browsers as no MIME type configuration is then required for the web server.