Application specified Command labels are used:
- as a label in the softkey to which the Command was mapped (in case where only one Command is mapped to a specific softkey) or
- as a label in the Options or context sensitive menu item (in case where more than one Command is mapped to a softkey) or
In S60 3rd Edition FP 2 onwards, the Selection key has a label describing the function attached to it:
- If the Selection key executes a Command, the short label of the Command is shown as the Selection key label.
- If the Selection key opens a context sensitive menu, a menu icon is shown as the Selection key label.
- If the Selection key does the same operation as left softkey, a platform provided dot icon is shown as the Selection key label.
The Selection key labeling functionality is available only in the portrait mode. The Selection key functions normally both in portrait and in landscape modes, but in landscape mode the label cannot be shown due to space restrictions.