Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

i need some advice and some help

hi all! sorry for posting here all my issue but i`m new in Symbian.c++ and i need some tips and some help from people with experience in this domain.

here`s a list of my issue in developing my application.

1. I just implemented phonebook encryption and i want to make some tricks when someone call that number decrypted and after the call ended number get encrypted again. Can someone know how can i intercept the calling number and how to manage the answer and close the call.

2. I have my SMS encrypted. how can i get open SMS event for read to decrypt the SMS and encrypted back after i close it.

3. How can i get the path of my memory card? How can i emulate a memory card with winscw?

4. My last issue is about DBMS. Can someone tell me if the database is saved on a file? Where is this file saved? Any other tips and information if you have time?

Thanks for reading this thread and helping me!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: i need some advice and some help

1) I am not sure about what you are asking, but you can simply try if CTelephony allows you to track outgoing calls. If it works, TCallInfoV1::iDialledParty will contain what you need
    2) you need to implement your own viewer mechanism for that - either a custom BIO type, or even a complete MTM
    3) PathInfo::MemoryCardRootPath
    4) RDbStoreDatabase uses a store provided by you - if it happens to be a file store, it is obviously handled by you, at a location specified by you. The RFs-variant of RDbNamedDatabase also requires you to specify a filename with path. The RDbs-variant might offer a default location, I have not checked.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    1) I am not sure about what you are asking, but you can simply try if CTelephony allows you to track outgoing calls. If it works, TCallInfoV1::iDialledParty will contain what you need
    2) you need to implement your own viewer mechanism for that - either a custom BIO type, or even a complete MTM
    3) PathInfo::MemoryCardRootPath
    4) RDbStoreDatabase uses a store provided by you - if it happens to be a file store, it is obviously handled by you, at a location specified by you. The RFs-variant of RDbNamedDatabase also requires you to specify a filename with path. The RDbs-variant might offer a default location, I have not checked.

so? i will clarify issue about phonebook. My entire phonebook is encrypted. when someone call me i want that calling number to be decrypted and after call is finish to be encrypted. want i need is how to track this 2 operation.

2. i will try to make some tricks with MTM read operation and i think i will solve the issue.

3. can i simulate with winscw any virtual memorycard and how?

thanks for replying to my message and please if you have any link to any example or documentation solving my issue please post it here.

with respect,
    AndreiP

Nokia Developer Moderator

1) It is a bit late now, so I was thinking about exactly the opposite direction - which would not make much sense after all.
    For catching incoming calls you can simply refer the SDK Help, the relevant class is CTelephony, and if you search for it you will also find "How to detect and answer a call" - actually you do not have to answer the call, detection is enough.
    When I was developing such application, I provided an extra call bubble for identifying "secret" contacts - so encryption-decryption-visualization all happened inside my own app. The tricky part is that whenever an incoming call occurs, the phone application jumps into the foreground - but you can still draw on top of it, you can find some ideas in http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=99603
    3) There are some .bin files in epoc32\Data\media, they might be used for low level memory card emulation - according to http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=168317 you may even succeed with RRawDisk access. However in the normal case it is not that crucial to have an emulated memory card in the emulator. You already have c and d drives (epoc32\winscw\c and epoc32\winscw\d respectively) configured, and the SDK Help contains some documentaton about the configuration files of the emulator.