Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

QA status PASSED but content not published!

i just saw that my content status changed from QA In progress to QA Passed, however my app is still not in the store! Anybody experienced the same thing? it is really frustrating as app. was sitting in QA for over a month..

A.

Re: QA status PASSED but content not published!

We are having a similar issue. We believe it was due to the fact that we had 2 content files with overlapping distributions:

Distribution Settings: A content item may have several content files associated with it serving different devices, countries and languages. But content files CANNOT overlap these distribution parameters – if it does, the overlapping distribution will NOT surface to the end user. An overlap occurs when content files share target devices and at least one more distribution parameter – country or language. Please avoid these overlaps.
    This was due to my misunderstanding of how to upload an upgraded version (I presumed you added a new SISX with a higher version number and when verification was complete it would supercede the older version).

We've tried unpublishing one of them in order to resolve the issue but we have been waiting 7 days for this process to complete, so I can't confirm that this will resolve the issue of the app not appearing in the store.

Hope you get you app published soon,

Andy Nugent (Ravensoft Ltd)
    - Battery Extender
    - Tweets60

Same thing here. I received and email stating that it takes "about one business day" to get published into the store. The link I received to track my apps leads me to an "access denied" page even when logged in. Support did reply that they are working on that issue so I'm thinking that the fact that the app has not been published is somewhat related.

Still, my app has been sitting and waiting to be published for some time now. I've emailed OVI support but still haven't receive and answer. I don't know what to do any longer. If it's an error on my end I'd like to fix it but I need to know what's wrong.

-
    Mark Andrade
    Sputnik Games

Quote Originally Posted by minstn View Post
    i just saw that my content status changed from QA In progress to QA Passed, however my app is still not in the store! Anybody experienced the same thing? it is really frustrating as app. was sitting in QA for over a month..

A.

Regular Contributor

You've probably tried this already, but if not try searching OVI. Two of our apps say approved but not published (0/1), but both show up when I search the OVI store and as 'related' downloads for our other app.

-Pat

Regular Contributor

hi all, we only have one file in our submission and yes i did search the store, app is definitely not there. Ovi support appears to be non existing..

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

hi all, we only have one file in our submission and yes i did search the store, app is definitely not there. Ovi support appears to be non existing..

I know we are really pushing it by asking for patience but I am. I know it is hard from your view point but from my observations the store support team is gaining and fixing the holes.

Ron

Regular Contributor

hi, thanks for the reply and sorry for being pushy. i think now i know what is the problem, QA status says PASSED however 8.1% are pending! This includes these devices:

Devices: Nokia 5500, Others in 176x208, Others in 208x208, Nokia 3250, Nokia N91 8GB, and Nokia N91

probably Nokia QA team just goes trough all devices you listed, even if they are really old like theses N91s. Perhaps it is a good idea to just say we run on new phones like 5800 XpressMusic and QA will be faster, however this is not mentioned anywhere! Right now I'm afraid to unlock my content and change device compatibility as this may trigger full QA again (10 days wasted)!!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnikgames View Post
    Same thing here. I received and email stating that it takes "about one business day" to get published into the store. The link I received to track my apps leads me to an "access denied" page even when logged in. Support did reply that they are working on that issue so I'm thinking that the fact that the app has not been published is somewhat related.

Still, my app has been sitting and waiting to be published for some time now. I've emailed OVI support but still haven't receive and answer. I don't know what to do any longer. If it's an error on my end I'd like to fix it but I need to know what's wrong.

-
    Mark Andrade
    Sputnik Games

It seems to take a lot of time to publish stuff. I have QA approved file, but unfortunately I first uploaded wrong one. So under one item I have two files a bad one and the QA passed one. I tried to ask support to remove the bad one so the item could be published. I also volunteered to create a new item if removing the file for some strange reason is not possible. I did get an answer to sit still and not do anything, but nothing has now happend in last five days. I sent another request and got a reply that the mail from Ovi support has gone to wrong email and it will take five business days to process.

I don't know if i need an answer, because I'm about to give up.

i think now i know what is the problem, QA status says PASSED however 8.1% are pending!
    I don't think that the "Pending" devices are the source of your problem.

We published an app too, passed QA, and at some point also had a "Pending" status on a few devices, but it didn't stop the app from showing up on the store. I think Ovi has a periodic publishing cycle and you'll probably have to wait until the next cycle (but that's just my guess).

Unfortunately, Ovi seems to have bugs in the publishing system that prevent some apps from showing up on the store. Our app disappeared from the store 6 days ago for no reason, and isn't available for download since then (and we don't have a "Pending" status on any device).

My suggestion to you then is to hang on a bit longer and wait (and I hope you have better luck than us...)

Ori

Ori is correct in that there is a periodic publishing cycle that pushes content the Store. This is the reason some content items or their modifications (which might be approved and otherwise good-to-go) aren't appearing in the Store right away.

We are aware there is a longer than usual delay here, and working agressively to shorten the cycle.

Hopefully this clears things up a little bit. We look forward to seeing all your content in the store as soon as possible!

Ryan

Regular Contributor

Ryan, please drop a light of current time frames.
    We got our game approved more than week ago, and still no signs of it.

Regular Contributor

Angry Re: QA status PASSED but content not published!

8 days passed since content was updated with status QA PASSED, not published yet!

An export should have completed over the weekend -- please check the OVI Store to see if your content is available now.

Ryan

Regular Contributor

i had the same idea, but no content is not available.. i cannot find it on store.ovi.com and Content's publishing status says "Published to 0 / 1 channels". will send you app details in PM.

Regular Contributor

Hi

I’ve got a similar problem. Last week, my app finally passed QA for over a dozen phones but it’s still pending publication.

I did update the file for the 5800. Does this mean that it won’t be published to any distribution channel until the 5800 is also QA’d?

Is there anyway of moving this along especially since the QA team made a mess of the original submission which set the whole process back a week? This is the fourth week since my original submission.

Spol
    Last edited by spol; 2009-06-09 at 14:01.