×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6

    Angry about CMdaAudioRecorderUtility amr audio Record

    sdk:S60_3rd_MR_3
    device: n95 or n81

    main code:
    TMdaAuCodec* auCode=new(ELeave)TMdaAuCodec();
    TMdaAuClipFormat* auformate=new(ELeave)TMdaAuClipFormat();// au 格式
    iSettings = new (ELeave) TMdaAudioDataSettings;
    iSettings->iSampleRate =TMdaAudioDataSettings::ESampleRate11025Hz;
    iSettings->iChannels = TMdaAudioDataSettings::EChannelsMono;// mono
    iSettings->iCaps = TMdaAudioDataSettings::ERealTime;

    iToneUtility->OpenL(&iCurrentFile,auformate,auCode,iSettings);
    CEikonEnv::Static()->InfoMsg(_L("Open Start!"));
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    this work well.but the file is .au
    if i change the parameter auformate to TMdaWavClipFormat, the recorde file is .wav

    now I want to recorder .amr file
    is there any method?????
    help!!!!!help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    777

    Re: about CMdaAudioRecorderUtility amr audio Record

    Apart from palyer utility, U can also use "CMMFDevSound" for recording.and for amr recording u can set its CodecType "KMMFFourCCCodeAMR" .
    Last edited by Nitesh Bhardwaj; 2009-06-02 at 08:16. Reason: typo
    Regards
    $-Nitesh-$

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    42

    Re: about CMdaAudioRecorderUtility amr audio Record

    Hi,
    I have used this
    CMdaAudioRecorderUtility::NewL(*this,0,80,(TMdaPriorityPreference)0x5210001 ))
    it works for me.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    143

    Re: about CMdaAudioRecorderUtility amr audio Record

    hi,

    Hi,
    I have used this
    Quote:
    CMdaAudioRecorderUtility::NewL(*this,0,80,(TMdaPriorityPreference)0x5210001 ))
    it works for me.
    i am also using the same.but i am not able to achieve.

    it would be very helpful if any one sharing the code snippet


    thanks in advance
    Regards,
    Gobi

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Noida,India
    Posts
    3,985

    Re: about CMdaAudioRecorderUtility amr audio Record

    so any kind of panics coming when to try to record?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    143

    Re: about CMdaAudioRecorderUtility amr audio Record

    i am able to record in wave format..
    if i am trying to record in amr format ,getting error: not supported(-5)


    TRAPD(err,iRecorderUtility->SetDestinationDataTypeL(KMMFFourCCCodeAMR);
    iRecorderUtility->RecordL());


    note: i want to record data in any compressed format (ie file size should be less)
    (if you are done with mp3 or something else...pls pls share the code snippet)


    Thanks in advance
    Regards,
    Gobi

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Noida,India
    Posts
    3,985

    Re: about CMdaAudioRecorderUtility amr audio Record

    try like below:

    #define KAMRHeader #!AMR
    RFile ifile;
    RFs ifs;ifs.Connect();

    ifile.Replace(ifs,_L("C:\\data\\others\\record.amr"),EFileWrite);
    ifile.Write(KAMRHeader);
    ifile.Close();

    & in OpenFileL() method, pass the above file name, with AMR header written into it.
    & then just start recording.There is no need to set the data type.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14

    Re: about CMdaAudioRecorderUtility amr audio Record

    Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    try like below:

    #define KAMRHeader #!AMR
    RFile ifile;
    RFs ifs;ifs.Connect();

    ifile.Replace(ifs,_L("C:\\data\\others\\record.amr"),EFileWrite);
    ifile.Write(KAMRHeader);
    ifile.Close();

    & in OpenFileL() method, pass the above file name, with AMR header written into it.
    & then just start recording.There is no need to set the data type.

    the code did not work for me, but this did, probably default format for record utility is amr

    _LIT(KAmrPath, "c:\\1.amr");
    RFile ifile;
    RFs ifs;
    ifs.Connect();
    ifile.Replace(ifs,KAmrPath, EFileWrite);
    ifile.Close();

    iRecorderUtility->OpenFileL();

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    281

    Thumbs up Re: about CMdaAudioRecorderUtility amr audio Record

    Quote Originally Posted by nuist320 View Post
    sdk:S60_3rd_MR_3
    device: n95 or n81

    main code:
    TMdaAuCodec* auCode=new(ELeave)TMdaAuCodec();
    TMdaAuClipFormat* auformate=new(ELeave)TMdaAuClipFormat();// au 格式
    iSettings = new (ELeave) TMdaAudioDataSettings;
    iSettings->iSampleRate =TMdaAudioDataSettings::ESampleRate11025Hz;
    iSettings->iChannels = TMdaAudioDataSettings::EChannelsMono;// mono
    iSettings->iCaps = TMdaAudioDataSettings::ERealTime;

    iToneUtility->OpenL(&iCurrentFile,auformate,auCode,iSettings);
    CEikonEnv::Static()->InfoMsg(_L("Open Start!"));
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    this work well.but the file is .au
    if i change the parameter auformate to TMdaWavClipFormat, the recorde file is .wav

    now I want to recorder .amr file
    is there any method?????
    help!!!!!help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    to record amr file format...

    TMdaRawAudioClipFormat iMdaamrClipFormat;
    iAudioDataSettings = new (ELeave) TMdaAudioDataSettings;
    iAudioDataSettings->iSampleRate = 8000;
    iAudioDataSettings->iChannels = 1;// mono
    iRecorderUtility->OpenL(&iCurrentFile, &iMdaamrClipFormat , NULL, NULL);


    ---the above code is able to record in amr format. but first time it not able to record..second time only it records
    Last edited by mail2karthi07; 2010-11-30 at 12:05.

Similar Threads

  1. Buggy AMR Audio Recording. Please Help!!
    By jhamby in forum Symbian
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2009-07-07, 10:34
  2. Recording audio in AMR format, SDK 3rd
    By handle_cn in forum Symbian
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2007-11-03, 08:16
  3. HELP me , Using Audio Stream record AMR
    By tennist in forum Symbian Media (Closed)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2006-04-13, 10:12
  4. Help regrading AMR audio recording!
    By delipsingh in forum Symbian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2005-01-21, 10:01
  5. How to use CMdaAudioRecorderUtility to Record sound in amr?
    By ruixj in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2004-03-26, 08:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×