Discussion Board

Super Contributor

To Nokia people - cause for an error.

I'm constantly getting a "jes-xx-ConnectionsEventServer@xxxxx...." error in my app on the 7650. The app polls an HttpConnection continually, so I initially assumed, since the error said "ConnectionsEventServer" that it had something to do with the communications. But I'm starting to suspect that it might have nothing to do with them.
    Is this error necessarilly related to Http communications, or could it be caused by something else, like a deadlock in the event handling or something.
    A prompt reply from the Nokia people will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    shmoove

Super Contributor

RE: To Nokia people - cause for an error.

I think I found the problem. I was calling serviceRepaints() from 2 different threads and this is what was causing the deadlock. My guess is that the error (which I still think is communications-related) was being thrown because when the app got stuck there were still pending requests that didn't get serviced when the deadlock ocurred.
    This is, however, related to another post of mine about thread management on the 7650. That was the original reason I had to put those "serviceRepaints()" in all the threads, because the event handling thread wasn't handling events unless I told him to. Here is the post in question:
    http://nkn.forum.nokia.com/devrel/threadshow.cfm?mb=5117711977577247&msg=15831369154&page=1