Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Thumbs up Which format should i use

Hi all

I developed flash program which is the best file format shouold i use for those phone which doesnt have a flash player and also if the flash player is there, whether it is possible to download using MMS.or should i use any other mode.

Super Contributor

Re: Which format should i use

What, exactly, do you mean?

Have you developed a Flash Lite application for mobile phones?

Which version of Flash Lite did you make it for (v1.1, v2.0, v2.1, v3.0, v3.1)?

In any case, it will only work on phones which have Flash Lite player built-in or installed by the user (if allowed). Note, however, that, e.g., a Flash Lite v3.0 application is not likely to work on a device that only supports, say, Flash Lite v1.1.

There are many ways for the phone user to get your Flash Lite application:

- you can put it on a web site and they can download it with the phone's web browser
    - they can also download it with a PC and then "sideload" it to their phone
    - you can send them an SMS with a link for the download
    - you could publish it through, e.g., Ovi Store

You can deliver the Flash Lite file as a plain .swf file. You can also for Symbian based devices package it in an installable .sisx package format. For Nokia S40 based phones, you can package it in an .nfl file for installation.

I don't think you can send/deliver it via MMS, though.

Note also, that there is a Flash Lite discussion forum here, too, and you are asking your questions in a totally unrelated forum (Connectivity > Wired and Wireless interfaces).

Regular Contributor

Re: Which format should i use

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    What, exactly, do you mean?

Have you developed a Flash Lite application for mobile phones?

Which version of Flash Lite did you make it for (v1.1, v2.0, v2.1, v3.0, v3.1)?

In any case, it will only work on phones which have Flash Lite player built-in or installed by the user (if allowed). Note, however, that, e.g., a Flash Lite v3.0 application is not likely to work on a device that only supports, say, Flash Lite v1.1.

There are many ways for the phone user to get your Flash Lite application:

- you can put it on a web site and they can download it with the phone's web browser
    - they can also download it with a PC and then "sideload" it to their phone
    - you can send them an SMS with a link for the download
    - you could publish it through, e.g., Ovi Store

You can deliver the Flash Lite file as a plain .swf file. You can also for Symbian based devices package it in an installable .sisx package format. For Nokia S40 based phones, you can package it in an .nfl file for installation.

I don't think you can send/deliver it via MMS, though.

Note also, that there is a Flash Lite discussion forum here, too, and you are asking your questions in a totally unrelated forum (Connectivity > Wired and Wireless interfaces).

Thank You for the Kind reply. I will post this in another forum. Thanks again