Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Thumbs down Can't get .sis file

Hi!
    I am new to Symbian C++, I create a simple helloworld application in carbide c++, and build that one. As specified in the Symbian C++ tutorials, the .sis (for installation in device) be created during the application build.
    But, I can't get the .sis file in my sis folder. But the application be run on simulator successfully.
    Pls, suggest me-----

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Can't get .sis file

Quote Originally Posted by neeraja.nokia View Post
    Hi!
    I am new to Symbian C++, I create a simple helloworld application in carbide c++, and build that one. As specified in the Symbian C++ tutorials, the .sis (for installation in device) be created during the application build.
    But, I can't get the .sis file in my sis folder. But the application be run on simulator successfully.
    Pls, suggest me-----
    Go to project..right click->properties, carbide.c++ ->build configurations . Check that the configuration is gcce urel. In sis builder-> add..fill the details of pkg file, etc. and build it..you should get your sis and sisx file

Regular Contributor

Hi!
    Pls, suggest me-----
    try to create sis file using command prompt, u might see error when creating sis file there.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by anwar21387 View Post
    try to create sis file using command prompt, u might see error when creating sis file there.
    neeraja.nokia does not want to see errors while creating SIS file.

@neeraja.nokia:
    Goto Build configurations as suggestd by Symbian_Neil and fill details (.pkg and certificates) as shown in this page. After that build your project.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by savaj View Post
    neeraja.nokia does not want to see errors while creating SIS file.

@neeraja.nokia:
    Goto Build configurations as suggestd by Symbian_Neil and fill details (.pkg and certificates) as shown in this page. After that build your project.
    Thank u for ur reply, i configured according to ur suggestion. But, i got errors while build the application, evethough the file .sis and .sisx file created in the sis folder.

Pls, help me...

Regular Contributor

Thank u for ur reply, i configured according to ur suggestion. But, i got errors while build the application, evethough the file .sis and .sisx file created in the sis folder.

Pls, help me...
    what errors?

Pls, help me...
    Possibility of having build errors is bigger. Check the console for details (or paste it here)

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Possibility of having build errors is bigger. Check the console for details (or paste it here)
    I got the following error while building the application in Phone Release configuration for sis file,

\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\Simple\group\SIMPLE\GCCE\SIMPLE.GCCE:94: *** missing separator. Stop.
    make: *** [TARGETSIMPLE] Error 2

Pls, suggest me...

I got the following error while building the application in Phone Release configuration for sis file,

\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\Simple\group\SIMPLE\GCCE\SIMPLE.GCCE:94: *** missing separator. Stop.
    make: *** [TARGETSIMPLE] Error 2

Pls, suggest me...
    Have you installed the CSL tool chain(GCCE)?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Have you installed the CSL tool chain(GCCE)?
    NO,but this tool chain installation asked while the installing the SDK right, but there is specifically note that Windows users ignore about this GCCE. I am using Windows XP, thats why i ignored that installation.

Is this the problem for creating .sis file, pls help me....

Nokia Developer Champion

You need to installed CSL tool chain(GCCE), if you are compiling using GCCE compiler. When you compile for a phone relase, you have two options, either you compile using ARMV5 compiler (which you need to bought, if you want to use it) or compile using GCCE which comes free with SDK. So which option you selected in build configuration?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by savaj View Post
    You need to installed CSL tool chain(GCCE), if you are compiling using GCCE compiler. When you compile for a phone relase, you have two options, either you compile using ARMV5 compiler (which you need to bought, if you want to use it) or compile using GCCE which comes free with SDK. So which option you selected in build configuration?
    Thank u for ur reply,
    I already installed SDK without installation of CSL tool chain. Now, how to install GCCE tool chain explicitely, pls suggest me,
    Thanks in advance...

NO,but this tool chain installation asked while the installing the SDK right, but there is specifically note that Windows users ignore about this GCCE. I am using Windows XP, thats why i ignored that installation.
    No, just you have not read it carefully. The message said that you will not need the CSL toolchain for building projects for the emulator.
    Is this the problem for creating .sis file, pls help me....
    Yes, it is.
    Now, how to install GCCE tool chain explicitely, pls suggest me
    I would suggest clicking on it with the left button of your mouse, explicitly. Since it is a part of the SDK, you may want to check the program group of the SDK in the Start Menu.

Thank u for ur reply,
    I already installed SDK without installation of CSL tool chain. Now, how to install GCCE tool chain explicitely, pls suggest me,
    Thanks in advance...
    Go to start->program files->S60 Developers tools->\S60 3rd FP2 SDK->v1.1->tools->CSL toolchain(GCCE) install.