Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to intregate the code for combo box radio button and check box in one view

Hi
    I have made the code for different attributes like combo box, radio button, check box,image etc .But i made them in separate screens. What i meant is that i have a separate view class(both .h and .cpp) for each of this attributes. In other words i have created different screens for each of them and in the AppUI class i am activating them in the cases. Let me be more clear. In the default screen i have different menus for going to this different attributes which i am handling in the cases present in the AppUI class.

Now i want each of them in the same default screen which i am not getting the logic to do that. Can anyone help me out with this.

Also let me tell you i have a XML where i will have this different attributes and which i have to parse and based on the contents present in the XML i have to display. Suppose the XML has one check box and one radio button in the same screen so it should display the same. So i have to write the code for each of them and whenever the parser will see any of them it will put them in the same screen.

So first i have to make a screen containing all of these items. This is where i am stuckl as i am not getting the logic.

Super Contributor

Re: How to intregate the code for combo box radio button and check box in one view

What will i suggest you is to create all your control in container/view class, not in appui. parse your XMl file and check which control you have to create and then create it in view class. check this article to place multiple controls in your view/container class.

Your thread is somewhat similar to this thread.
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=169733

Regular Contributor

Re: How to intregate the code for combo box radio button and check box in one view

I have to create the code in the view class but how to do that, i have many issues like the same ConstructL will be there for the radio, check, and combo but each of them have separate implemetation of the ConstructL so i have to put some type of ID check for them i guess but how to do that not getting..If you can help

Super Contributor

Not getting you exactly. Parse XML and set some flag for each control that you have to create. After that call a method which creates all that controls. its simple, where are you facing problem?