Code:
    a.py:
    -----
    import b
    print "a"

b.py:
    -----
    print "b"
    When I run a.py with the PyS60 Script Shell for the first time, the output is

Code:
    b
    a
    When I run a.py for the second time, the output is

Code:
    a
    i.e. module b doesn't get reloaded. Does that mean that whenever I change something in module b during development, I have to restart the Script Shell to see the changes? That's awfully painfull, and I can't imagine that everybody is developing like that...

By the way, is there any possibility to start a script "my_module.py" that lies in "E:\Python" with the Bluetooth Console? I can start a script that lies in "E:\Python\lib" with "import my_script", but I would like to do that with scripts in "E:\Python" as well!

Thanks for any advice!

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: PyS60 Developing Techniques

hello etteru

welcome to forum nokia PyS60 dibo.

have you tried telling python to search for the script and then execute that i guess that will solve your problem is guess:

Code:
    import sys
    sys.path.append('Path')
    try this before importing your script and place the script in the path mentioned by you.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by etteru View Post
    Hi,
    i.e. module b doesn't get reloaded. Does that mean that whenever I change something in module b during development, I have to restart the Script Shell to see the changes? That's awfully painfull, and I can't imagine that everybody is developing like that...
    Although this may seem strange to you, as long as the scripshell does not exit, it keeps the module b loaded, and thus does not see any need to load it again.
    (there are ways to force unload/reload the module, but I never felt the need to do this, and thus can not point you in the right direction)

As for general developing techniques, I do most of my development on OSX, then try if things still work in the emulator, and only then I move to the real target.

For quickly trying things out on target, I generally run an interactive bluetooth console, so that I can type from my PC.

Regards, and good luck!
    Mark.

Nokia Developer Expert

As replied above, a module isn't loaded if its already loaded in the interpreter. You can force reloading of a module using reload().

By the way, is there any possibility to start a script "my_module.py" that lies in "E:\Python" with the Bluetooth Console? I can start a script that lies in "E:\Python\lib" with "import my_script", but I would like to do that with scripts in "E:\Python" as well!
    Yes. From the Bluetooth console say

Code:
    execfile('e:\\Python\\lib\\my_script.py')
    You can also import these modules by appending sys.path with this directory.