Discussion Board

does nokia support 3D graphics?

I would like to realize 3D graphics.but i don't know whether nokia support 3D graphics?do it support .obj file or 3d max file or other file format of 3D graphics?Is there some examples about 3D graphics there?

RE: does nokia support 3D graphics?

There's definitly no in-built 3D rendering, and no 3D APIs that I know of. The problem is that you're going to end up with a huge jar file size, because all the 3D rendering to screen is going to have to be done manually.

Now phones arn't the quickest of things either. That's a problem as rendering typically needs a fair bit of processing power.

I think you should reconsider if using 3D is absolutely neccessary, and whether phones are ready for it. Perhaps you could do what you want to do using pseudo-3D stuff (i.e. something like Doom (pseudo-3D), as opposed to Quake (true 3D)) using resizable sprites as opposed to 3D polygons.

HTH

Adrian.

I would like to realize the rendering of 3D graphics,but i don't know what file format mobile supports .

Regular Contributor

Neither Nokia's current libs nor standart J2ME definitely does not support any 3D; moreover, J2ME 1.0 doesn't have even data type float!!!!
    But, I do not see any problems to use 3D in the application. In this case, it should be your software rendering. Technically, it is not so hard to implement simple 3D renderer for J2ME, but may take some time...

Dima.