Discussion Board

Refresh in XHTML

Hello,

I'm trying to make a page for communication between workers on different locations. Waht i want is that a specified page refreshes itself in an specified amount of time. In wap 1.3 there was the ontimer event. Is there something for this in XHTML / WAP 2.0? and could someone give an example?

tnx

Yilias

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

the concept of events was unique to WML, but e.g. ontimer event could be replaced with HTTP refresh. One possibility is to create a WML deck which uses ontimer event and then create a link to this deck from an XHTML page.

Kind regards,
    Satu/Forum Nokia Developer Support

how do you mean HTTP Refresh? is this a header? i know the meta tag of this sort but it doesn't work with the nokia phones.

yilias,
    Are you sure the Refresh meta tag doesn't work with nokia phones?

We've tried using it and the 3650 doesn't seem to support it. However in Nokia's own FAQ it leads me to believe they do support Refresh meta tags:
    ---------------
    23. How to use WML events in XHTML page?
    The concept of events was unique to WML, but e.g. "ontimer" event could be replaced with HTTP refresh. WML events can also be used by creating a link from an XHTML page to WML card including the event.
    ---------------

I can't find any Nokia documentation that answers definitively. Hello, Nokia?

Nokia 3650 seems not support xhtml http refresh!!

I hava the same refresh problem in Nokia 3650!!

the http refresh can work in Nokia 7650 well, but can not work in Nokia 3650 anyway!!

does any nokia member can solve this problem???

is there any Nokia engineer ?

Try this, it works for most Wap 2.0 devices including N3650 and SE P800... /Jimmy

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; URL=index.asp"/>

---
    sorry,
    Just tried and it didnt refresh in N3650... my misstake.
    the only solution seems to be to use a wml page for those that needs refresh... /J
    Last edited by semljire; 2003-06-16 at 10:19.

Re: Refresh in XHTML

Hi, I have seen that I can use refresh (ontimer) using wml page. I understood that phone browser does not support refresh using xHTML. Phone browser can show also html pages. I wonder if refresh would work using html page ?