Discussion Board

GDAL for Symbian

Hello.

I have a question for Mark Wilcox (unfortunatly I was unable to find his e-mail or other contact data on the web):

What's the status of porting GDAL to Symbian?

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: GDAL for Symbian

Quote Originally Posted by WeSt View Post
    Hello.

I have a question for Mark Wilcox (unfortunatly I was unable to find his e-mail or other contact data on the web):

What's the status of porting GDAL to Symbian?

Thanks.
    Welcome to the Forum!!

Well you could always have the option of searching him on this forum and send a private message/email through this discussion board.

Good Luck!

Re: GDAL for Symbian

I have GDAL working on Symbian (at least I've tested about 4 of the drivers opening images) but I haven't had time to work on it or release a working build recently. The other issue is that there are tooling problems that are preventing me from building it as a DLL (too many object files to link breaks some internal buffer) and I haven't had a chance to look at a workaround, so it is only available as a collection of static libraries at the moment.

It needs a lot more testing, for which there is a need to port the C/C++ test scripts (should be easy) and then for the rest I was waiting for version 2.0.0 of PyS60 to use the Python test scripts.

Please get in touch at markw (at) symbian.org if you are interested in using GDAL on Symbian, I'll happily share what I've got.

Mark