Discussion Board

Qt S60 + Location Tagger

Hello,

I'm running Qt in a Nokia E71 with S60 3.1. The phone doesn't provide the ability of geotag the photos taken from the camera natively, so I installed Location Tagger, and now it's geotagging the photos taken.

But, using the Qt Mobility API (XQCamera) to call the camera inside an application, the photos taken from the phone are not being geotagged.

Anybody knows how to geotag the photos taken using the XQCamera API inside and Qt App? Is possible to do that?

Thanks.

Re: Qt S60 + Location Tagger

Yes it's possible. Two possibilities spring to mind.

1) Write location tags to the files yourself.
    2) I don't know for certain how the Location Tagger application you refer to is working, but I suspect it monitors the file system for new images saved in the appropriate folder. In which case, if you save the pictures taken with your application to the correct folder (i.e the same one as the native camera app) then they'll get tagged automatically.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

Re: Qt S60 + Location Tagger

Hello Mark, thanks for you reply.

The cool thing about Location Tagger, is that when you take a photo, and the GPS Service is not available in that moment, the Location Tagger keeps trying to get the location, and tag the photo when the GPS Service is available again. That's is something really useful for my App.

1)
    That's a point, but, will be nice to use the Location Tagger for that (In S60 > 3.1, the L.T. is included in the OS), instead of write code for that.

2)
    L.T. is not monitoring files, is monitoring the Camera App. When you're using the Camera App, you need L.T. running in background to have your photos geotagged.
    When you start the Camera App with L.T. running in background you can see a Cross into the corner,
    Green Cross: GPS is available < The photo will be geotagged instantly.
    Brown Cross: L.T. is looking for GPS Service. < You can take photos with this. As I said, L.T. will be running in background looking for GPS Services and tag the photo taken when the Service is available.