Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question Debugging in emulator - IDE has greyed out variables, functions

I have just opened a new Symbian GUI application and have written a new function to test the way I want to implement some code that uses TLex.

When I open the *AppUi.cpp file, the variables and functions are all greyed out as if the IDE can't resolve their source. The code compiles and runs fine (as it is the base template for the GUI app) - I have even removed my own added code to check that. Is there something I can do to refresh the IDE so it recognises the function calls and variables?

E.g. I want to be able to "hover" over variables and see their declarations etc but atm it is just showing nothing or "Occurence of ''".

TIA!

Regular Contributor

Post Re: Debugging in emulator - IDE has greyed out variables, functions

Oh well I didn't change anything but closing the IDE and opening it solved the problem.

Super Contributor

Re: Debugging in emulator - IDE has greyed out variables, functions

Even I have seen this issue a few times, even though the .h and other required things are in place, a system function is just greyed out making one believe that they have called a wrong function or possibly passed some wrong arguments to the function.

You can report it as a bug if you want, you will have to create an account for that I believe:

https://xdabug001.ext.nokia.com/bugzilla/
    Cheers,
    Mayank

Regular Contributor

Re: Debugging in emulator - IDE has greyed out variables, functions

Yes I've seen it a few times now. E.g. TPtr.Append was ok but .AppendNum was greyed out. Might report it sometime (or look to see if someone else has!).

Cheers