Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Can't unlock content

I have an app that is pending QA.
    I can no longer unlock the app. The "unlock" link has disappeared. Any ideas?

Super Contributor

Re: Can't unlock content

Quote Originally Posted by spol View Post
    I have an app that is pending QA.
    I can no longer unlock the app. The "unlock" link has disappeared. Any ideas?
    Hi,
    You cant while in QA see Publisher manual.

see post http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...96&postcount=4

Jim

Regular Contributor

Hi Jim,

That post discusses unlocking the content and being sent back to the start of the QA queue. My problem is that I cannot unlock the content.

The latest Publishers Guide states "Content can only be withdrawn if the QA team is not already testing it. In other words, if the status of the content item is “pending” then a content item can be unlocked to withdraw it from the QA."

My problem is the Unlock button has disappeared. The content is pending. I was able to unlock the content until recently.

Thanks for your help.
    Spol

Regular Contributor

I have the same thing on one of my submissions. It shows it's "Pending: 100%" and "In progress: 0%", but I can't unlock it. It's an app that failed the first QA round due to problems in the OVI meta data. I was unable to unlock it and fix the issue after it failed, but at the moment Publish.OVI tells me:

This content item is locked by the following locked files: mixPACK: CUXW - All She Really Wants. You cannot unlock any of the files.

I'm hoping that means it's assigned for QA and will be tested shortly.

Regular Contributor

For what it's worth: my submissions are in the same state, i.e. showing 'Pending QA' and 'You cannot unlock any of the files.'

Regular Contributor

I emailed ovi support last night. This morning I got an email back suggesting I contact another email address - PublisherDevelopment at ovi – whom I contacted this morning, pointing them towards this thread.

Fingers crossed that there is some-one at the other end

Regular Contributor

No joy, so far. There doesn't seem to be anyone at that email address.

I'm going to try every day and see what happens. It's now 30 hours without a reply. I realise the Ovi development team must be crazy busy... so this is understandable to a point.

- Some guidance (but with a word of warning since Publish.Ovi seems to change regularly - this may not be valid at some point in the future)

1. I wanted to unlock content which the QA team are going to waste time testing. There was a change in guidelines; meaning I needed to change my sis file, see here.
    2. I couldn't unlock the current sis file, so I added the new sis file to the same content - with the intention of getting it QA'd asap.
    3. With more than one file under the same content header Ovi gives the option Unlock All Content. I thought "great, I'll unlock both sis files, then lock the second sis file and save the Ovi QA team some work"
    4. I unlocked all content... but not all content was unlocked. The original file remained locked. The net effect was the second file returned to the start of the QA queue, while the QA team will still test the first sis file and fail it again. Bummer! You've been warned.

In short: Unlock All Content may not unlock all pending content.

Nokia Developer Expert

hello,

Apologies for the delayed reply to your questions regarding the ability to unlock content that's in QA review.

Email me your username and the name of the content item in question and I'll ask the QA team for an update today on the status of your item. This applies to everyone else in this thread.

Best,
    [B]Bill Perry[/B]
    Sr. Services Marketing Manager, Forum Nokia
    Publishing to Ovi Store: [url]http://publish.ovi.com/[/url]
    twitter: [url]www.twitter.com/bperry[/url]
    blog: [url]www.mobileperry.com[/url]

Regular Contributor

Hi Bill,

I can now unlock the content. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.