Discussion Board

E71 Email Notification

Hi

I am looking for some help please. I have just upgraded my handset after toying with the idea of leaving Vodafone for O2 and the iphone. Vodafone offered me a great deal so i decided to stay and chose the Nokia E71.

Its a geat handset and i love it BUT it has one flaw which is driving me crazy. After much setting up on the phone so that it can send and receive from my googlemail account it has now developed an annoyance. Basically after i went through the long set up procedure all worked well, on the home screen when ever a new email arrived i received a nice notification saying 'googlemail (1)', awesome! In the evening i decided to turn off the handset. In the morning i turned the handset back on and i knew i had emails waiting but the phone now stoppped the main display notifying me that i have an email ie no 'googlemail (1)' across the screen. I still receive the email sound and i still have an @ sign appear in the top right hand corner of the screen but no nice banner. I decided to turn phone on and off a few times but still the same problem. I then deleted the account and once again entered all the settings for a new email account. Again i now received the nice banner. I thought that it couldnt be that it simply did not display the new email notification becasue i turned the phone off so i did just that, turned that phone off. Sure enough it yet again would now only play the sound and display the small @ sign. So basically it just stops functioning correctly when you turn the handset on and off.....GREAT!

Typically now i cant get the notification back at all.

Vodafone 1st line of support are not much help and i will try 2nd line support again tomorrow. I also need to call Nokia as it has been suggested that it could be a 'feature' of the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Jason

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: E71 Email Notification

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/