Discussion Board

Question How to use CSendingService to add menu item for NOKIA5800 native camera?

After capture a picture from camera, the camera will switch to the screen which right edge with a envelop icon. Click the envelop icon, following popup menu will display,
    --------------
    Send: |
    --------------
    Via message |
    Via Bluetooth |
    Upload |
    --------------

I need to insert a menu item, for example, Via MyApplication, into the popup menu, make it as follwing:
    ------------------
    Send: |
    ------------------
    Via message |
    Via Bluetooth |
    Upload |
    Via MyApplication |
    ------------------

So, I need to implement a CSendingService ECom plugin.
    But CSendingService is not exist in Symbian C++ 5th V1.0 SDK.
    My question:
    1. Where can I download the libs and headers of CSendingService related classes.
    2. How to use CSendingService?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to use CSendingService to add menu item for NOKIA5800 native camera?

Not sure of that menu, but I would like to assume that it might have been made similarly as the contacts, so you could try out whether you get it there by making your own MTM.

Question Re: How to use CSendingService to add menu item for NOKIA5800 native camera?

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Not sure of that menu, but I would like to assume that it might have been made similarly as the contacts, so you could try out whether you get it there by making your own MTM.
    I implement custom MTM as following sample code:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...e_Modules.html
    which implement a TextMTM. after install it and config settings in Messaging, New menu item can display in Send menu of Notes application. But the new menu item still can not display on native camera. Why the MTM is recogenized by Notes application, but can not be recogenized by Camera application?

Don't really have a definitive answers, but quickly thinking, it could be about the capabilities, not the platsec but the messaging, so check that you identify that your MTM can send attachments or something like that. (been awhile when I used MTMs last time, so can not remember the excat terminology)..

Question Re: How to use CSendingService to add menu item for NOKIA5800 native camera?

Don't really have a definitive answers, but quickly thinking, it could be about the capabilities, not the platsec but the messaging, so check that you identify that your MTM can send attachments or something like that. (been awhile when I used MTMs last time, so can not remember the excat terminology)..
    Hey, symbianyucca, thanks for you advice. It works, we add following code:
    TInt CTextMtmClient::QueryCapability(TUid aCapability, TInt& aResponse)
    {
    switch (aCapability.iUid)
    {
    case KUidMtmQuerySupportAttachmentsValue:
    aResponse = 1;
    break;
    }
    }

After run Txinstall and config in Messaging, the new menu item TextMTM can display in Camera application.
    But we still have an issue need to be resolved, that is, How to add this new menu item without running Txinstall and without manually configration in Messaging?
    Our requirement in detail is after install our application, when open camera or video center, the new menu item is there.
    You advice is appreciate!

Not sure, but what kind of manual configurations is it requiring ?

Not sure, but what kind of manual configurations is it requiring ?
    Steps:
    Open the messaging application and click Settings; then select TextMTM, followed by Open. When a text appears about setting this service to be the default service for TextMTM, you are done with defining the service. Give the service a name.
    Now the TextMTM mailbox is created and its cubicle icon can be seen in the messaging application.

gotta say, that can not remember anything that could help on there, so lets hope somebody else comes up with an idea.

and if not, you could always opt on the paid technical support, where you would get dedicated expert looking into the case..