Discussion Board

certificate expired for TRK sisx with nokia 5800

Hi,

This is just a record of my bad day to help if someone got the same case

I just get this morning a new test device nokia 5800 xpress music (Orange)
    with update version 11.0.008 (11 dec. 2008)

when I try to install TRK on this device I get a "certificate expired" error.

I did the same installation last week on another nokia 5800 xpress music last week with no problem (let say not so much problems to be exact) but it had a different update version (10.I-don-t-remember)

I tryed to do the installation directly from carbide debug configuration pane and using PC Suite, with no effect
    I tryied to change the phone date with only one effect : setting a date previous to 11 nov 2008 make the error message to be changed by a "certificate not yet valid" error
    I tryied to change the pc date and copy the sysx to accord file date to the date in the past of the phone with no effect.
    I tryied to update carbide and get the last sysx

and just when I was writting an "Help me please" message here, a teammate sugested me to get a try at a "hard reset" of the phone (*#7370#). This solved the TRK installation problem. The phone was just new so I was pretty sure this would have not effect...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: certificate expired for TRK sisx with nokia 5800

Quote Originally Posted by yroussel View Post
    Hi,

This is just a record of my bad day to help if someone got the same case

I just get this morning a new test device nokia 5800 xpress music (Orange)
    with update version 11.0.008 (11 dec. 2008)

when I try to install TRK on this device I get a "certificate expired" error.

I did the same installation last week on another nokia 5800 xpress music last week with no problem (let say not so much problems to be exact) but it had a different update version (10.I-don-t-remember)

I tryed to do the installation directly from carbide debug configuration pane and using PC Suite, with no effect
    I tryied to change the phone date with only one effect : setting a date previous to 11 nov 2008 make the error message to be changed by a "certificate not yet valid" error
    I tryied to change the pc date and copy the sysx to accord file date to the date in the past of the phone with no effect.
    I tryied to update carbide and get the last sysx

and just when I was writting an "Help me please" message here, a teammate sugested me to get a try at a "hard reset" of the phone (*#7370#). This solved the TRK installation problem. The phone was just new so I was pretty sure this would have not effect...

This has been discussed and the solution has been a hard reset. check http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...775#post532775

Re: certificate expired for TRK sisx with nokia 5800

so bad I missed this one during my search