Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Why video file not played on real s60 device.

Hi

I am working on S60 3rd Edition and I tested on real device: Nokia E71 (3rd edition FP1 device).

I get it streaming Video Example and OpenURL (rtsp://pr.rtsp-youtube.l.google.com/CkILENy73wIaOQmI78Vq_DyKwBMYDSANFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBXdhdGNoWglDbGlja0xpbmtgs6GUntHd_ZrVAQw=/0/0/0/video.3gp) in emulator and emulator plays well.

But when i build gcce and transfer file into E71 and play video file. I am look on screen "Loading..." message and after 0:0:00 only nothing to display.

I also checked above link on following way:

Do Setting in both(emulator and real device):
    Go on Real Player application -> settings -> streaming -> set access point.

After test following way:

1. Emulator: start emulator -> go menubar: File -> OpenURL (RTSP) -> copy-paste above link it's play Video.

2. Real Device (E71) -> go web -> go to Address Bar -> write above RTSP link URL -> Not play Video.

Problem:
    Why Not play RTSP link in real device? Help on this point, please help me.

Regards,
    SymbianTH

Regular Contributor

Re: Why video file not played on real s60 device.

Hi

Please tell me in real device why time is changed but screen do dot display anything?

Any setting is required for that please help me. I tested on E71, N82 and N95. Test with "Web" in mobile -> write rtsp address and press "goto" option.

Please help me.

Regards,
    SymbianTH

Nokia Developer Expert

I'm getting connection time out with real-player, so maybe the service provider does not want to server mobiles..

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    I'm getting connection time out with real-player, so maybe the service provider does not want to server mobiles..
    Same link do work properly in Emulator but do not work in real device and on Remote devices also.

So What i do now? How i can test this links in real devices?

If you have any idea please tell me.

Regards,
    SymbianTH

Nokia Developer Expert

as it was connection timeout, which does not happen with emulator, I have only seen that happening when there has been issues with firewall or other things that prevent the connection establishment, thus not really having any solutions, other than try out a links that would work, like this one: rtsp://stream.zoovision.com/musicvideos/well_make_a_lover_of_you.3gp

Regular Contributor

as it was connection timeout, which does not happen with emulator, I have only seen that happening when there has been issues with firewall or other things that prevent the connection establishment, thus not really having any solutions, other than try out a links that would work, like this one: rtsp://stream.zoovision.com/musicvideos/well_make_a_lover_of_you.3gp
    Hi

Thanks, Yes this your link played in Emulator (worked with Web and also with Video Example) and on real device E71 (worked with web But do not display anything in VideoExample application).

Why do not play video with Video Example application on Real Device any idea?

Regards,
    SymbianTH

Regular Contributor

Hi

If you want than i will send you my whole updated VideoExample Application.

Thanks
    SymbianTH

Regular Contributor

Anybody knows that how to play video using URL with embedded real player?

iPlayer->OpenUrlL(_L("rtsp://pr.rtsp-youtube.l.google.com/CkILENy73wIaOQmI78Vq_DyKwBMYDSANFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBXdhdGNoWglDbGlja0xpbmtgs6GUntHd_ZrVAQw=/0/0/0/video.3gp"));

Means Play RTSP link with embedded player. Is it possible?

I asked this question because any RTSP link do not playing in my application on real device (Nokia E71).

Regards,
    SymbianTH

Nokia Developer Expert

I can't remember what issues the video player would have for streaming, has been rather a long tim e I used it last time, anyway, if you want tsimple and robust method for playing video streams, I would suggest just using real player and embedding it to your application..

Regular Contributor

I can't remember what issues the video player would have for streaming, has been rather a long tim e I used it last time, anyway, if you want tsimple and robust method for playing video streams, I would suggest just using real player and embedding it to your application..
    Thanks for this need full concept.

Regards,
    SymbianTH