Discussion Board

Exclamation starting with python,having sum prob!

I downloaded pyhthon for s60 3rd edition but when i tried to install it on tne emulator I get a error message "certificate error please contact application provider"

Super Contributor

Re: starting with python,having sum prob!

Hi,

How did you try to install it?

Normally this should work: download the Python SDK (ZIP archive) from either sourceforge or maemo garage, depending on which version you want. Put the archive in your emulator's installation directory (the one that contains the epoc32 folder) and extract it there. The files will be automatically placed in their appropriate locations.

i downloaded PythonScriptShell_1_4_5_3rdEd.SIS from sourceforge and put it in the epoc32 folder.when i tried to install it frm emulator i got the above message.

Super Contributor

Those SIS files are built for the phone, not for the emulator. Please try the method I suggested with PythonForS60_1_4_5_SDK_3rdEd.zip.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by prashantghabak View Post
    i downloaded PythonScriptShell_1_4_5_3rdEd.SIS from sourceforge and put it in the epoc32 folder.when i tried to install it frm emulator i got the above message.
    hello prashantghabak

welcome to the wonderful PyS60 dibo.

I guess you are very much new to mobile developement so just to add my fellpw champion bogdans reply i will request you to go through this wiki article.

Hope this helps you and feel free to post your problems here.

Enjoy Pythoning
    Gaba88

I also have a problem with the emulator.

Using the wiki link above I have installed the emulator OK and the Python plug-in too. When I run the emulator the scripts being listed under the 'run script' menu option reside in the folder epoc32\winscw\c\data\python on my pc.

When I try to run some of these scripts I get an error message saying 'no module named x' even though module x is in the same folder as the script I'm trying to run.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks
    Steve

Super Contributor

I'm not sure I understand... Do you mean you're trying to run scripts you've written that make use of modules that you've placed in epoc32\winscw\c\data\python? If so, it's normal for it not to work. Module files have to be placed in \python\lib (you have to create a directory called lib) or anywhere, but in that case you have to tell Python where to look for them by using sys.path.append(path_to_modules_directory).

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan.galiceanu View Post
    I'm not sure I understand... Do you mean you're trying to run scripts you've written that make use of modules that you've placed in epoc32\winscw\c\data\python? If so, it's normal for it not to work.
    Yes you did understand even if I didn't do a very good job of explaining.

I have followed your advice and run sys.path.append("lib") and then moved all the included modules to epoc32\winscw\c\data\python\lib, now everything seems to work and I can try out the examples in my new book 'Mobile Python'.

Thank you very much for your help.

Super Contributor

Glad I was able to help

Just to clarify, if you moved all the modules to epoc32\winscw\c\data\python\lib there is no need for the sys.path.append anymore, since Python seems to be configured to look in that directory by itself. However, if you want to move the module files to a different path then you need to call sys.path.append. For example, if your modules are in epoc32\winscw\c\Myfolder\modules_folder then you would have to use sys.path.append("C:\\Myfolder\\modules_folder").