Discussion Board

Thread: perfromance

perfromance

hi,

I am new in s60 development, I am looking into s60 development with python as it is much easier than with c++. But with all the readings I've done, many indicate that python as for s60 platform are for quick prototyping. Does it mean that we can't have a good performance app make with python?

Thanks,

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: perfromance

Hi,

You can get very good performance in a Python application. Code execution is very fast, though not as fast as the native language, Symbian C++. Just because it's for "rapid prototyping" doesn't mean it can't be used to develop elaborate applications

hi,

thanks for the quick reply. aside from performance, are there features or api available on the s60 xth that can't be access with pys60? How come I can't find the documentation for pys60 1.9.5 ?

thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Well yes, there are things that PyS60 can't do (yet). You can find the documentation by downloading and installing PythonForS60_1.9.5_Setup.exe from here, if you're on Windows. Then go to Start->All Programs->PythonForS60 1.9.5->PyS60 Documentation. Or you can download PythonForS60_1.9.5.tar.gz and find the same HTML documentation in it.