Discussion Board

S60v5 game not published, 15+ days from QA

My S60v5 game passed QA in the end of May. Now it is June 21st and the game is still not in the OVI Store. I cannot get any meaningful response from OVI support.

It seems there is no update in OVI Store this weekend, nothing new has been added. When can we expect the next bunch of software in OVI Store?

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: S60v5 game not published, 15+ days from QA

Quote Originally Posted by mstream View Post
    My S60v5 game passed QA in the end of May. Now it is June 21st and the game is still not in the OVI Store. I cannot get any meaningful response from OVI support.

It seems there is no update in OVI Store this weekend, nothing new has been added. When can we expect the next bunch of software in OVI Store?
    E-mail me your username and the game you submitted and I'll ask somone to look into this.

Ron

I'm quite happy we are still finalizing our mobile strategy. Added 2 games about 18 days ago, and they are still pending at QA.
    Nokia put quite some effort in getting developers to post their apps/games/etc. and it just feels like after posting you're left alone.

But like I said, I'm happy that we are still working on our mobile strategy, so it's good to take this distribution channel into consideration.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm full of understanding when it comes down to new services, startups, etc. that certain things might need to be optimized.
    However if you want to compete with other big app stores, this really needs to go a lot smoother.

Same here. We have a game that includes both 3rd edition and 5th edtion versions to it. We are having some trouble passing the QA for the 3rd edition version (re-submitting a fixed version to this today), but the 5th edition version passed QA a long time ago (I will say more than 20 days now if not more) still without getting published at Ovi, so the item is marked as passed submission but published on 0 channels when we look at it.

Is there anything that can be done getting the 5th edition version published while we continue finishing the things require fixing on the 3rd edition version? It will be a real shame not to have content listed - especially since the QA is already done :/ So I'm honestly puzzled how come the content is not published yet.

Is there different testing required when content is pushed after passing QA and before going publish?

Our experience is they will list soon. That is the time to print out all needed materials from Finland to somewhere to real store. Just kidding! our case is 18 days. Good luck!

Regular Contributor

Rumour has it that there's a massive container ship sitting in Helsinki port, full of QA'd apps but waiting on clearence from the harbour master who's gone back up to his family home near Rovaniemi for a months R&R.

Seriously, it's been six weeks since we submitted our first app. We got stuck in a confused QA process. Now we're waiting on publication too. Fingers crossed, we might see some movement soon.

From my counting of apps in the app store, there seems to have been a little movenment over the weekend. Any comment from the Ovi team would be great...

As I understand it there is the QA approval then the Export approval before being published.

Ron
    P.S. The ship loads in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    As I understand it there is the QA approval then the Export approval before being published.

Ron
    P.S. The ship loads in Vancouver

Hi Ron,

We passed the QA process in early June and we're still waiting. It's been well over a week.

Our product is still not on the storefront...

The problem is that now we're getting support emails from people who say that they've downloaded our mobile app from Ovi. I can't find it anywhere on the US storefront. I'm assuming Nokia would inform us first, correct?

Best regards,

Romy

I'll have to see if someone from the store can reply.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    I'll have to see if someone from the store can reply.

Ron
    Hi Ron,

OK, after the support emails, I was able to log into the Nokia Ovi store and then find my product on the storefront. We don't have our app listed on the N97, which is a great device, but one of the newer devices.

• Could Nokia show all handset apps, not just the N97 as default?

I am unable to point users to the Ovi store very easily, as they'll think on first glance that my app is not there.

Also, the dashboard is a little funny; it shows my app as still being in the QA process, and I don't have any clear idea where to go for the metrics. Is there a technical issue with the ovi publishing dashboard?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Romy,

The report dashboard has been disabled temporarily. It should be up in a few weeks.

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

SBSH LuckyCoins for touch devices 5800/N97 passes QA month ago. Still nothing. No reply. No application. No sales.