Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Setting the default orientation for flash app

Quote Originally Posted by chall3ng3r View Post
    Yeah its a jumpy solution,

You can put a small logic there. If user starts the app in when phone is in landscape mode, detect this on start-up and ask user to change orientation to portrait mode. Once he does this, detect it, and disable auto rotation. So it won't rotate anymore automatically.

Same cane be done if you don't want to ask user any question. On app start-up, detect the orientation, and make the required rotation in app. and lock the autoration. so when user changes the orientation, it is already locked.

Hope this helps,

// chall3ng3r //
    Could you please say clearly? I don't really understand.

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Setting the default orientation for flash app

Quote Originally Posted by stingmartin View Post
    Could you please say clearly? I don't really understand.

Thanks.
    I think he is very much clear. However, let me write it in detail, lets say, one want to launch a flash content in landscape mode only , than there is no direct API in Flash Lite to make it possible with one go. In Flash Lite 3.1, we have an API DisableAutoRotation but this API just lock the flash content to that orientation in which this API is called which means that if u call this APi when the device is in portrait than it locks ur Flash Content orientation to portrait ,otherwise landscape. Now, we have to create a work around to solve this problem, suppose we have to make a flash content which locks in landscape mode only:
    First Approach - Compatibility : Flash Lite 3.1
    1- First, detect that whether the device is in portrait or landscape i.e by simply checking the position of the soft keys as demonstrated in post # 11.
    2- If the device in landscape, than jump to step 5.
    3- If the device is in portrait than ask the user to change the orientation of his phone i.e simply , display a warning text on the stage of Flash Lite content.
    4- Check the position again.
    5- If the device is in landscape , than lock the orientation using DisableAutoRotation .
    Second Approach - Compatibility : Flash Lite 3.1
    1. First, detect the orientation, if it is in landscape than lock the orientation if not than proceed to next step.
    2. If it is portrait than rotate the stage of Flash Lite content by 270 , it makes it landscape, than lock the orientation.
    You can also see the second approach in code implementation form in post # 11. Hope it makes thing clear or may be more unclear .

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft