Discussion Board

Exclamation Problems with RDA

Dear Forum Nokia members!
    I've created this topic to tell all Forum Nokia moderators/administrators/owners about some problem on the Remote Device Access:
    First, there are some problems with the phones: the Nokia N86 8MP was on the page for long but got removed for a time, and then it was offline for 3 days!
    The second problem is that there are some idiots who thinks that blocking the phones for a long time is funny. Here I want to tell them that it IS NOT FUNNY! I want to test some things on some phones, but when I have time, all the phones are reserved, but only for 15 min, and continuously: so 15 min usage, 15-30 min free time (so people can not even test the device because that little must-have 15 mins before and after usage....) and then again a 15 min usage and so on...
    Here is the picture (I used black color to show what I want):

Please at least make some protection against this, because I want to try out some things on the Nokia N86, but I can not access because these people....

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Problems with RDA

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232 View Post
    Dear Forum Nokia members!
    I've created this topic to tell all Forum Nokia moderators/administrators/owners about some problem on the Remote Device Access:
    First, there are some problems with the phones: the Nokia N86 8MP was on the page for long but got removed for a time, and then it was offline for 3 days!
    The second problem is that there are some idiots who thinks that blocking the phones for a long time is funny. Here I want to tell them that it IS NOT FUNNY! I want to test some things on some phones, but when I have time, all the phones are reserved, but only for 15 min, and continuously: so 15 min usage, 15-30 min free time (so people can not even test the device because that little must-have 15 mins before and after usage....) and then again a 15 min usage and so on...
    Here is the picture (I used black color to show what I want):

Please at least make some protection against this, because I want to try out some things on the Nokia N86, but I can not access because these people....
    The reservation system logic is not the most optimal at the moment, getting it fixed is already on our todo-list. E.g. getting rid of those 15 min breaks etc.

N86 8MP currently has some connectivity issues, which is why it has been offline more than some other devices. Since RDA is a free service and does not have full time maintenance, we can't unfortunately guarantee that the devices are always accessible.

Well, N86 would be the best for this application (due to the new system used in the effects) my little python app is made for applying theme effects for themes not using them... and the N86 have some really nice ones (new ones I mean). And what about adding a security system so you can not reserve one phone a day more than 2 times, and the least one hour hole between them?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232 View Post
    Well, N86 would be the best for this application (due to the new system used in the effects) my little python app is made for applying theme effects for themes not using them... and the N86 have some really nice ones (new ones I mean). And what about adding a security system so you can not reserve one phone a day more than 2 times, and the least one hour hole between them?
    All types of things can be considered, but we don't also want to set too strict limitations (which might sometimes also affect valid service usage). Most of the users use the service "properly", but if we notice malicious use, actions will be taken.