Discussion Board

Angry [moved] Overwriting a .sis file... not a major issue but very irritating

Hi,

I am using carbide 1.3 and generating .sis & .sisx(..\sis\) files for deployment on 3rd edition devices.
    sdk - S60_3rd_MR

My problem is that everytime I build the project, the sis files are not created until I delete the previously created .sis & .sisx files from that folder. I was doing this work a couple of months ago and these files would overwrite and now suddenly they do not ... its a very irritating exercise... please let me know if there are some settings i need to do... i ensured that my ..\sis folder is not read only and i have a full control over it.

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Overwriting a .sis file... not a major issue but very irritating

There must be a reason while developers are using this days Carbide.c++ v2.0.2.025 and not v1.0 or v1.3 for that matter. There are bugs which may have been fixed and newer releases, there are processes that may have been optimized. It is ok to use it if you have a reason but finding support for that old version might prove to be difficult.

Then again, if this was really an issue at the time you should be able to find some help by searching the posts from the forum dedicated for Carbide.c++ IDE and plug-ins. If you find nothing then probably that is the correct behaviour. It all depends on the kind of changes you make to you project, changes after which you should expect or not a new SIS file to be built.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [moved] Overwriting a .sis file... not a major issue but very irritating

Quote Originally Posted by m4a127 View Post
    Hi,

I am using carbide 1.3 and generating .sis & .sisx(..\sis\) files for deployment on 3rd edition devices.
    sdk - S60_3rd_MR

My problem is that everytime I build the project, the sis files are not created until I delete the previously created .sis & .sisx files from that folder. I was doing this work a couple of months ago and these files would overwrite and now suddenly they do not ... its a very irritating exercise... please let me know if there are some settings i need to do... i ensured that my ..\sis folder is not read only and i have a full control over it.

Thanks
    I really would second Lucian's advise to use the newer Carbide.c++.

Apart from that, do you see in console verbose that it created a new sis file? probably not..reasons??