Discussion Board

Nokia 1209 not in Device list?

Hi,

we are trying to run a Java application on Nokia 1209 (available in the Netherlands with prepaid Telfort subscription).

Unfortunately I cannot find the Nokia 1209 in the list of devices available on Forum Nokia (tab Devices; Select Device from the combobox). I do not fully understand why this device is missing. Nokia 1209 is just an example; there is a lot more low budget devices missing.

Is it possible to complete this list with all Nokia phones? What are the criteria to put a device in this list?

For developers it would be quite useful to have access to technical specifications for each Nokia phones.

BR,

Rene
    Rene Heuven
    Inmote - Creative Smartphone Solutions
    Web: www.inmote.com
    E-mail: rene@inmote.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia 1209 not in Device list?

I guess Series 30 devices don't have anything to offer for mobile developers. We don't have SDKs published for them either.

While I have to admit I have never seen one such device in the flesh, its marketing message says nothing about it supporting 3rd party applications.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Hi,

thanks for that - I was not really aware Series 30 devices still do exist. So are you saying all Series 40 and Series 60 devices should be in the list? And if we run into a device which is not listed, it must be a Series 30 device? I am just curious how the list is assembled - to me it seems incomplete.

We are actually looking into these low budget devices to create some applications (some are only SMS based) at very low prices for groups of people who currently can not afford or not willing to buy more expensive phones.

BR,

Rene
    Rene Heuven
    Inmote - Creative Smartphone Solutions
    Web: www.inmote.com
    E-mail: rene@inmote.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

Yes, I would expect that all Series 40 and S60 devices are in the list. If at any time you find a device missing please do try to find out to which platform version it belongs (from device's product description at nokia.com/products) and if it is indeed a Series 40, S60 or Maemo device please do let us know and we will clarify the situation.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite