Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

build error in Carbide.c++

hi,

when i tried to build an application, the following error message appear:

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\ makefile winscw Icons_scalable_dc
    程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。

it says that the path is not exist.
    it is true that the absolute path
    "\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\" is not exist, "C:" is missing. Do i have to do any configuration in order to make the path correct? or what should i do may make the path correct?

Best Regards,
    kenny

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: build error in Carbide.c++

Quote Originally Posted by kennyky0413 View Post
    hi,

when i tried to build an application, the following error message appear:

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\ makefile winscw Icons_scalable_dc
    程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。

it says that the path is not exist.
    it is true that the absolute path
    "\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\" is not exist, "C:" is missing. Do i have to do any configuration in order to make the path correct? or what should i do may make the path correct?

Best Regards,
    kenny
    Hope the SDK, workspace etc on the same drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Hope the SDK, workspace etc on the same drive.
    yes, all are in C:

Could it be that your perl version is wrong? Can you please explain what things you installed, your environment, how you created this application, etc in more detail?

hi,

Could it be that your perl version is wrong? Can you please explain what things you installed, your environment, how you created this application, etc in more detail?
    ya, the perl version is wrong. I have installed the correct one now.
    Actually, is the message, in red, is normal? though the message appeared,
    but i find that "***Build Complete" also appeared at the end of the Console

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\ export
    The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.

I have installed the following under Windows Vista:
    S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1_0_en
    ActivePerl-5.6.1.635-MSWin32-x86
    Carbide.c++_v2.0
    jdk-6u7-windows-i586-p

and i built the application by following
    S60 5th Edition C++ Developer's Library v2.0
    ->Getting started->Turorial 2

Regards,
    kenny
    Last edited by kennyky0413; 2009-06-26 at 05:30. Reason: adding how to build the application

Can you please post the full console messages (use code tags in editor to make reading better please..thanks)

Can you please post the full console messages (use code tags in editor to make reading better please..thanks)
    hi,

Here is the whole console message:

Code:
    ***Building project "HelloWorld" for configuration "Emulator Debug (WINSCW) [S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0]"

***Printing environment variables modified from default:
    MWCSYM2INCLUDES=C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_Common\Include;C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_Win32\Include;C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_X86;C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C++\MSL_Common\Include;+C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_Extras\MSL_Common\Include;C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_Extras\MSL_Win32\Include;C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\Win32-x86 Support\Headers\Win32 SDK;
    PATH=C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools;C:\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\tools;C:\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\gcc\bin;C:/Apps/Nokia/Carbide.c++ v2.0/jre/bin/client;C:/Apps/Nokia/Carbide.c++ v2.0/jre/bin;C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools;C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\tools;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin;C:\Perl\bin
    MWCINCLUDES=C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_Common\Include;C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_Win32\Include;C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_X86;C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C++\MSL_Common\Include;+C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_Extras\MSL_Common\Include;C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_Extras\MSL_Win32\Include;C:\Apps\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\Win32-x86 Support\Headers\Win32 SDK;
    EPOCROOT=\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\
    NO_DEPENDENCIES=-nd
    MAKE=make -j 4

Working Directory: C:/Symbian/Carbide/workspace/HelloWorld/group

***Makefile structures up to date. Skipping 'bldmake bldfiles'

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\ export  
    程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。
      make -r  -f "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    Nothing to do

Total Time: 5 sec

***Generating abld makefile.

***Invoking abld command
    程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。
      make -r  -f "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\WINSCW.make" MAKEFILEICONS_SCALABLE_DC VERBOSE=-s
    make -j 4 -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group -f "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group PLATFORM=WINSCW MAKMAKE

Total Time: 7 sec

***Generating abld makefile.

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\ makefile winscw build_help  
    程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。
      make -r  -f "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\WINSCW.make" MAKEFILEBUILD_HELP VERBOSE=-s
    make -j 4 -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\HELP -f "BUILD_HELP.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\BUILD_HELP\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group PLATFORM=WINSCW MAKMAKE

Total Time: 7 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\ library winscw  
    程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。
      make -r  -f "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\WINSCW.make" LIBRARY VERBOSE=-s
    make -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group -f "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group PLATFORM=WINSCW LIB
    make -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\HELP -f "BUILD_HELP.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\BUILD_HELP\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group PLATFORM=WINSCW LIB
    make -s  -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\HELLOWORLD\WINSCW\HELLOWORLD.WINSCW" LIBRARY

Total Time: 9 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\ resource winscw udeb  
    程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。
      make -r  -f "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\WINSCW.make" RESOURCE CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    make -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group -f "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group PLATFORM=WINSCW CFG=UDEB RESOURCE
    make -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\HELP -f "BUILD_HELP.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\BUILD_HELP\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group PLATFORM=WINSCW CFG=UDEB RESOURCE
    make -s  -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\HELLOWORLD\WINSCW\HELLOWORLD.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB

Total Time: 11 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\ target winscw udeb  
    程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。
      make -r  -f "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\WINSCW.make" TARGET CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    make -j 4 -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group -f "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group PLATFORM=WINSCW CFG=UDEB BLD
    make -j 4 -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\HELP -f "BUILD_HELP.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\BUILD_HELP\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group PLATFORM=WINSCW CFG=UDEB BLD
    make -j 4 -s  -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\HELLOWORLD\WINSCW\HELLOWORLD.WINSCW" UDEB

Total Time: 12 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\ final winscw udeb  
    程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。
      make -r  -f "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\WINSCW.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    make -j 4 -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group -f "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group PLATFORM=WINSCW CFG=UDEB FINAL
    make -j 4 -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\HELP -f "BUILD_HELP.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\BUILD_HELP\WINSCW TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group PLATFORM=WINSCW CFG=UDEB FINAL

Total Time: 13 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\ test export  
    程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。
      make -r  -f "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group\EXPORTtest.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    Nothing to do

***Build Complete

"程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。" means
    "The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe."

Regards,
    kenny

Lightbulb Re: build error in Carbide.c++

My question would be, have you managed to get the sample application to build and run? Is this a problem only with the specific project you are working on, or even the sample projects? if specific, then it's something in your project configuration; if samples also don't compile then check your setup & installation carefully.
    --Himanshu
    Nokia N8-00 (Symbian Belle, NAM RM-596)
    Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (S60 5th Ed., NAM RM-428, v51.2.007)
    S/w: ADT v1.4 + S60 5.0 SDK on Win7 x64

C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\Plugins\vistapatch\Env.bat

Does that slove your problem ?
    [.>FishM@N<.]-Fishman

Quote Originally Posted by hgohel View Post
    My question would be, have you managed to get the sample application to build and run? Is this a problem only with the specific project you are working on, or even the sample projects? if specific, then it's something in your project configuration; if samples also don't compile then check your setup & installation carefully.
    I have tried several samples in
    C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\S60CppExamples
    also got the same message, so i think it's not the problem of the the projects.

i have installed
    S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1 and S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0,
    and selected the correct one to build.

Thanks,
    kenny

Quote Originally Posted by fishman8 View Post
    C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\Plugins\vistapatch\Env.bat

Does that slove your problem ?
    After running the Env.bat,
    the path has not changed and the message also appeared in console.

Thanks,
    kenny

hi,

i have tried to install the software listed to another machine, the paths showed in console are the same in both machine, without "C:", but this time the message("nonexistent path") did not appear.

The only difference, to what i know is, one is Chinese Windows Vista(message appeared at), one is English Windows Vista. I don't know if it matters.

Although the other machine does not show the message, but when i start the emulators in that machine, both S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1 and S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0, they are closed in starting up. This problem did not happen in my original machine. What would be the problem here?

Thanks,
    kenny

For the startup problem, you can check the logfile: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Epocwind.out
    The nonexistent pipe message does not affects the success/failure of a build, however you may find some relevant threads if you simply search for it (or even for the complete The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe message) using the search box on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyky0413 View Post
    hi,
    The only difference, to what i know is, one is Chinese Windows Vista(message appeared at), one is English Windows Vista. I don't know if it matters.
    Thanks,
    kenny
    I build a test project sucessful even carbide.c++ say 程序嘗試寫入到一個不存在的管道。 but I don't know why it has this message.

You can PM me, I come from Taiwan.
    [.>FishM@N<.]-Fishman

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    For the startup problem, you can check the logfile: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Epocwind.out
    The nonexistent pipe message does not affects the success/failure of a build, however you may find some relevant threads if you simply search for it (or even for the complete The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe message) using the search box on the left.
    Thx Hu, I need this information.
    [.>FishM@N<.]-Fishman