Discussion Board

Nokia contact - Defective N800 - HELP!

Hi, I'm desperate.

I bought a N800 a month ago and the device is not charging the battery (since I first tried to charge, minutes after opening the box). I since

then tried another ac adapter and another battery, the results are the same. I updated to OS2008, and when the battery is charged (was charged

on a friend's n800), my n800 boots perfectly, and if I plug the ac adapter it simply does nothing. Until the battery runs out. Then it

obviously don't even turn on any more.

I tried contacting nokia customer care, but after 9 failed atempts to fix this I'm desperate. So if any of you have a contact in nokia

(preferably in Brazil), and could point this problem or can contact me, I'd be grateful.

And I have to say, I'm really disapointed by their customer service..They just ask me to wait 72 hours and they'll contact me to arrange me to

send the defective device. Not a single soul had contacted me.

Thanks a lot.
    Eduardo

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Nokia contact - Defective N800 - HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by xundas View Post
    Hi, I'm desperate.

I bought a N800 a month ago and the device is not charging the battery (since I first tried to charge, minutes after opening the box). I since

then tried another ac adapter and another battery, the results are the same. I updated to OS2008, and when the battery is charged (was charged

on a friend's n800), my n800 boots perfectly, and if I plug the ac adapter it simply does nothing. Until the battery runs out. Then it

I tried contacting nokia customer care, but after 9 failed atempts to fix this I'm desperate. So if any of you have a contact in nokia

(preferably in Brazil), and could point this problem or can contact me, I'd be grateful.

And I have to say, I'm really disapointed by their customer service..They just ask me to wait 72 hours and they'll contact me to arrange me to

Thanks a lot.
    Eduardo
    hello edurado

you are in the wrong place this is a developers discussion board for S60 devices for internet tablets please visit http://garage.maemo.org.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia contact - Defective N800 - HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by xundas View Post
    Hi, I'm desperate.

Thanks a lot.
    Eduardo
    Sorry to hear about the trouble, but unfortunately you are in the wrong discussion board. This discussion board caters to issues faced by developers. For end users issues and peer support please post your query in http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Good Luck!!

Edit: Finally my browser posts this msg!!!! (Didnt realise it was stuck) So forgive repetition.