Discussion Board

Frustrated with Carbide Configurations. Please help me.................

I have installed Carbide C++ 2.0. In that I was developing VOIP Audio Service application. I have a publisher id, I have added Multimedia DD capability in the mmp file. This sample was working fine till last week. Suddenly when I compile the code and run the certified sis file, I am getting "kern-exec 0" on calling "CreateDownLinkStream/createuplinkstream" in VAS API. When I try to run the sis file from my backup, it works fine. But when I compile the same source from backup,created sis file from cer,key gives the above exception.

I have added the capabilities as
    LocalServices Location MultimediaDD NetworkServices ProtServ ReadDeviceData ReadUserData SwEvent WriteDeviceData WriteUserData

I tried my level best. It is not working fine. There is a change in the size of the file created. Newly created .sis file is less in size.

When I compile from command prompt it is creating a sis file with another size.
    I got very confused.

When I tried with VoipTestAPP, it is working without any issue.

Please...................... help me.

I feel very frustated. The working code suddenly doesn't work. I don't remember any changes made in the project setting settings.

My OS is Windows XP,sdk is Symbian S60 FP2 v1.1
    Last edited by mukesh123; 2009-06-27 at 11:22.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Frustrated with Carbide Configurations. Please help me.................

you could maybe check thatn the capabilities are really in there, and you haven't removed them by accident. For example my Y-Tasks::Processes& Threads could be used foe checking the capabilities of running processes.

Thanks for the reply.

It is there in capabilities list in mmp file. Shall I need to check somewhere else for it.

These capabilities I have copied from

LocalServices Location MultimediaDD NetworkServices ProtServ ReadDeviceData ReadUserData SwEvent WriteDeviceData WriteUserData

Size of sis has reduced to 60,064 from 62,072 bytes.

Thanks for the reply.

It is there in capabilities list in mmp file. Shall I need to check somewhere else for it.

These capabilities I have copied from mmp file

Size of sis has reduced to 62,064 from 62,072 bytes.

In epoc.exe I tried giving all capablities, but it didn't give any error in epocwind.out. Again when I compile VoipTestApp , it is working fine without any issue. So whether my capabilities has been removed. As per your instruction I installed YTasks_Processes_055_0_3rdEd.SIS, but it is installing with some error. I am unable to find its location in N79.Can we try by reinstalling the capabilities, if so how can I do that.

Please tell me some ways to come out of this issue, as I am in a very bad situation.
    Last edited by mukesh123; 2009-06-27 at 14:12.

the YTasks_Processes_055_0_3rdEd.SIS, requires also the Y-Tasks main application to be installed, it is designed modularly and each functionality can be installed as a plug-in to the main application..

I have installed YTasks_MainServer_3rdedition_unsigned. It got installed, but when I install YTask-Process it is giving an error "Cannot find []" .Where to find YTasks_MainServer in the phone.

Am i going in the right path? But my question is VoipTest App also uses Multimedia capability. It is working fine. Do you mean some other capability is missing

the main server would be at my home site as well, though you would need to sign that one yourself, also you don't actually need it for this task of yours..

I have taken this from your site ans signed YTasks_MainServer_3rdedition_unsigned and used it. It installed successfully but not YTasks_Processes_055_0_3rdEd.SIS

This sis file is not installing

YTasks_Processes_055_0_3rdEd.SIS is self signed, and all necessary information on getting it installing would be in the FAQ.

i will be slightly more clear.

i have installed YTasks_Mainserver_3rdEd_unsigned.SIS, YTasks_Processes_055_0_3rdEd.SIS

YTasks_Processes_055_0_3rdEd.SIS showed an error on installing. But it got installed. I can't find any folder DrJukka.com in main menu

thanks a lot for ur patience. but my query will this installation help me to solve me the issue.