Discussion Board

Exclamation Can Carbide sign themes?

I am trying to sign my Theme for Symbian, and I am using Carbide to create it. Carbide also is the only way I know how to create a .sis file.

When I create a package and SIS using Carbide when I try to upload to Symbian I get an error. (see here:http://developer.symbian.org/forum/s...ead.php?p=5061)

Can someone clarify please? Should I not be using Carbide? I just want to upload a signed theme.

Thanks,

Caleb

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Can Carbide sign themes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cwardell View Post
    I am trying to sign my Theme for Symbian, and I am using Carbide to create it. Carbide also is the only way I know how to create a .sis file.

When I create a package and SIS using Carbide when I try to upload to Symbian I get an error. (see here:http://developer.symbian.org/forum/s...ead.php?p=5061)

Can someone clarify please? Should I not be using Carbide? I just want to upload a signed theme.

Thanks,

Caleb
    Am not a theme guy, but just a hint: You probably trying to upload signed file for signing?

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Am not a theme guy, but just a hint: You probably trying to upload signed file for signing?
    Hey Neil,

Thanks for the reply, but I am confused. I thought I had to sign the sis with my .key and .cer before uploading it to Symbian (reference). Otherwise it will not take it as a valid .sis. I was successful in creating the sis file but according to the symbian site I was using a "developer certificate" when I should have been using a "publisher certificate" (reference) below). They directed me to signing the file, but because Carbide does the packaging I have no idea what I need to do in order to properly generate a theme for symbian signing so I can upload it to Ovi. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: I should also note, that I was recommended the express signed route. Would it be easier to avoid the Express Signing even though it is a theme? If I don't sign it I get the following error:

"You uploaded a SIS file without any Publisher ID."
    Last edited by Cwardell; 2009-07-09 at 01:26. Reason: clarification

Hello Cwardell

did you find a solution?
    I struggle over the same issue, so far I did not find a solution.
    So far I realized that i have to rename the crt file from ovi to cer
    Together with the key I can create an ovi key pair

However, even with this key, my phone throw the warning

Firstly, You will need to sign theme with Publisher Id certificate... after that submit sis file for express signing in SymbianSigned.com. After that you will need signed sis file that is used for distribution & upload on OVI Store......this signed sis..will not display warning message at installation time.