Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't locate libraries

Hi, I'm trying to build a project for S60 3rd Edition, and I'm using a 3rd party SDK, I'm getting this error:
    http://i43.tinypic.com/kd4v9k.jpg

Here're the additional libraries I've added:
    http://i44.tinypic.com/f57e4g.jpg

I've also added the include paths to my project, but for some reason it seems like Carbide can't locate my additional libraries. How can I fix this?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Can't locate libraries

Do those additional libraries exist at all? If yes, where have you copied them?

yes, I have an SDK called Edgelib installed on my computer. the libraries are in one of the include paths I've added.

Super Contributor

where your lib is located.

edge.lib is in C:\projects\Edge\lib\symbian-s60_e3rd

Okay, I fixed it. I've added those libraries to general libs list instead of the static ones, and placed them on top.

Edit: no, I was wrong, now it says .dso files are missing, originally I actually added them corrrectly.

Edit2: turns out Edgelib is incompatible with 3rd Edition FP1. only with the original 3rd Edition release.
    Last edited by jack-o; 2009-07-03 at 17:20.

The libs must be placed in the SDK, next to the other libs there. In the MMP file they are specified only but name and the built tools will only look for them in the SDK, not in your project.

Edgelib is said to be compatible with "Symbian Series 60/S60 up to 3rd edition (such as Nokia N-Gage™, 6680, E60, N95)" and as you can see they list the N95 which is a S60 3rd Edition FP1 device. Could it be that they really mean support for S60 3.x? Check it out at http://www.edgelib.com/index.php?node=support
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Well, yeah I found out the libraries actually should be located in:
    C:\projects\Edge\lib\symbian-s60_e3rd-emu\
    in
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\Epoc32\release\winscw\udeb
    and
    C:\projects\Edge\lib\symbian-s60_e3rd (including the opengl folder within here)
    in
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\Epoc32\release\armv5\urel

but their samples that come with the SDK are for 1st, 2nd FP2 & 3 and 3rd. there's no 3rd FP1 sample.

and thanks, yeah I know about their website. in one of the threads on their forum they 've said the Feature Pack isn't supported.. well, anyway I'm still trying to run their samples, currently asking on their board.
    Last edited by jack-o; 2009-07-03 at 22:28.

Of course it all depends on library's internals and its particular needs but generally speaking the delta between S60 3rd Edition and S60 3rd Edition FP1 is not that significant, the S60 3rd Edition example should work on 3.1 as well.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Mmm, I think you're right. I'm just very new to Symbian.

And, in case you guys could help me, here's the problem I'm having with Edgelib currently:
    http://www.pocketmatrix.com/forums/v...ic.php?t=29350

Here's the output of my build:
    ---------------------------------------

***Building project "helloworld" for configuration "Emulator Debug (WINSCW) [S60_3rd]"

NO_DEPENDENCIES=-nd
    MAKE=make -j 4

Working Directory: C:/projects/Edge/docs/Gettingstarted/helloworld_symbian/helloworld_symbian/workspace_s60_e3rd

***Makefile structures up to date. Skipping 'bldmake bldfiles'

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\ export
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    Nothing to do

Total Time: 0 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\ library winscw
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\WINSCW.make" LIBRARY VERBOSE=-s
    make -s -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\HELLOWORLD\WINSCW\HELLOWORLD.WINSCW" LIBRARY

Total Time: 0 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\ resource winscw udeb
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\WINSCW.make" RESOURCE CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    make -s -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\HELLOWORLD\WINSCW\HELLOWORLD.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB

Total Time: 1 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\ target winscw udeb
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\WINSCW.make" TARGET CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    make -j 4 -s -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\HELLOWORLD\WINSCW\HELLOWORLD.WINSCW" UDEB
    mwldsym2.exe: warning: Cannot locate library "edgerender" specified in #pragma comment(lib,...)
    mwldsym2.exe: warning: referenced from helloworld.o
    mwldsym2.exe: warning: Cannot locate library "LIBC" specified in #pragma comment(lib,...)
    mwldsym2.exe: warning: referenced from release\Windows desktop (vc 6.0)\edgerender.obj
    mwldsym2.exe: warning: Cannot locate library "OLDNAMES" specified in #pragma comment(lib,...)
    mwldsym2.exe: warning: referenced from release\Windows desktop (vc 6.0)\edgerender.obj
    mwldsym2.exe: warning: Option 'Use default libraries' is enabled but linker used
    mwldsym2.exe: warning: runtime library from MW[...]LibraryFiles (MSL_All_MSE_Symbian_D.lib);
    mwldsym2.exe: warning: this indicates a potential settings/libraries mismatch

Total Time: 14 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\ final winscw udeb
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\WINSCW.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s

Total Time: 14 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\ test export
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\projects\Edge\docs\Gettingstarted\helloworld_symbian\helloworld_symbian\workspace_s60_e3rd\EXPORTtest.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    Nothing to do

***Build Complete

-----------------------------------

also while building I get a Win32 Exception Message Box:
    http://i40.tinypic.com/zobav.jpg

it does build my project but it crashes when trying to run (doesn't make the .exe):
    http://i40.tinypic.com/k9tl3b.jpg

Start the emulator (from Windows' Start menu) then go to it's window menu, and under Tool -> Preferences -> General disable the "Just in time" debug feature.

As for the linker errors make sure that you have copied the right libraries in the right place.
    -- Lucian

well, actually the Just In time is unchecked in my emulator.

I did copy the libs correctly I think.

By the way, why does Carbide give me a warning "Cannot determine the version of RVCT compiler" when I'm building for WINSCW?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jack-o View Post
    By the way, why does Carbide give me a warning "Cannot determine the version of RVCT compiler" when I'm building for WINSCW?
    that will be due to
    Code:
    PRJ_PLATFORMS
    WINSCW ARMV5 GCCE
    in your inf file.

Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    that will be due to
    Code:
    PRJ_PLATFORMS
    WINSCW ARMV5 GCCE
    in your inf file.
    skumar_rao means: that is due to having specified ARMV5 in bld.inf's platform, for which the RVCT compiler would be needed.
    -- Lucian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast