Discussion Board

Thumbs down In my Simle AudioPlayer how to pass data between my Views to display the Filename

Hi , I created a Simle AudioPlayer . In my Application i am using 2 Views

1) A FilelistView with a listbox containing a list of mp3 files
    2) A PlayingView with a progressbar and two Labels

when i select any item from the Listbox in listView the view will change in to PlayingView ,that time how to pass that filename and fileLength into PlayingView for playing that AudioFile And i want to Display that filename and fileLength on my PlayingView in two Labels . How to do that ...... help me Please.........

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: In my Simle AudioPlayer how to pass data between my Views to display the Filenam

which API are you using to play file, is it CMdaAudioPlayerUtility, then you can use the following func. to play a particular file:CMdaAudioPlayerUtility::OpenFile(file path).

And on playing view you can draw the filename as :iView->DrawText(_L("Name of File....."));

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: In my Simle AudioPlayer how to pass data between my Views to display the Filenam

remember that if when you construct the View, it does not call the activate function strait away, since that part is handled by view server, so if you pass the filename for the view while constructing it you should store it somewhere, so you could use it then when teh view is activated. Also you could check the parameter passing with views, then you could get the file name inside the activete function.

Hi , please read it carefully and help me .

In my pogram i have two views .in my first view(view1), i have a listbox with a list of Audiofiles .

when i select a listitem , i want to change my view (to view2) and play the selected audio file in view2 .

In view2 i have two Labels to display the filename and filelength of the item that i selected from View1.

How can i do this . How to transfer data between two views .

In here i want to pass two things, filename and filelength .I know u guys are experts , so give me a solution in a simple way.. please....

Hi Vijaysoft. I think that this can help to you.

You can declare two variables on AppUi class that will store filename and filelength. When you select the file, you must establish this variables through properties on AppUi or through a method that do that.

When you have establish values for two variables, you can ActivateLocalViewL(view2).

Best regards.

i have same problem !

i define static variable in my "engine" class, but i have error '"(" expected'

can you please give us a code sample show how pass value between 2 views

Nokia Developer Champion

try making the variable as global, so you can access it anywhere in your app.