Discussion Board

Thumbs down Hi , please read it carefully and help me

Hi , please read it carefully and help me . In my pogram i have two views .in my first view(view1), i have a listbox with a list of Audiofiles .

when i select a listitem , i want to change my view (to view2) and play the selected audio file in view2 .

In view2 i have two Labels to display the filename and filelength of the listitem that i selected from View1.

How can i do this . How to transfer data between two views .
    In here i want to pass two things, filename and filelength . please.... help me..............

Nokia Developer Moderator

Lightbulb Re: Hi , please read it carefully and help me

Please read it carefully ... the title of this forum is "Symbian Media (Graphics & Sounds)" while your problem is one of UI design and basic C++. Why don't you decide on a more suitable forum and post your question there?

And since I feel hungry right now here's a food oriented analogy: if you plan to eat dog stew (make music player) but you have no idea how to cook it (design UI), it is advisable to seek help from a Korean cook (UI expert) and not from an European dog breeder (audio codecs expert).

A quick tip:
    - you handle the key/menu event that should trigger the view switch
    - store the data you want to keep (i.e. selected item) in your application's model/engine
    - call ActivateViewL
    - once the new view loaded you read the stored info and based on it populate the new view with corresponding data
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2009-07-04 at 15:40.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Hi , please read it carefully and help me

hi vijay have to tried something till now.if yes then plz tell

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Hi , please read it carefully and help me

Have you checked the thread of your alter ego? http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=172751