Discussion Board

simulation psy and nmea data file

Hello,
    I am using simulation psy within emulator and want to use my own lon/lat values within nmea.nme data file for testing purpose. If I change the predefined lon/lat values I got viewsrv 11 error within my application.Is this problem known?

Are there some rules which I have to keep in mind concerning configuration of individual nmea data files.

thank you

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: simulation psy and nmea data file

Where are you taking that NMEA file and which application panics with "viewsrv 11"?

The NMEAXmit project available in the wiki can record NMEA data and the saved files can be used as input for the Simulation PSY. Alternatively you can use the Route generator utility but that is known to generate wrong data. Not to cause any panics though ...
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

This nmea data file which I want to change is part of the listbox and is activated within simulation psy application.
    The error viewsrv 11 is generated by my own application.

But - if you can record and create nmea data files from bluetooth receiver it should also be possible to change the lon/lat values within nmea data file .Am I right?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Yes, you can change the file, as long as you don't corrupt it somehow. But since you say it is your application that panics and not the Simulation PSY I do not suspect the NMEA file as being corupt anymore. The problem is in your application and you have to figure out what makes it become irresponsive so that the Window Server is forced to terminate it.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite