I'm new here and an OO/C++/Java developper and thinking about developping Apps for Nokia smartphones.
It's difficult to gather all information that is necessary to get an
overview and to get started.
Before starting I'd like to know the minimum and average costs for app development. What I have understood so far:
- Publisher ID for 200€/year
- Publisher fee of 50€/application
- Support: 170€/case (for a rookie it's very likely to need support at
the beginning, right ?)
- test app in test house: At least 200€
- Nokia handy for testing on physical device: At least 250 €
Is it also possible to test without the phone, only with simulation ?
I'm also thinking joining the Nokia Launch Pad, which is again 300€ but saves the publicher fee.
Is that realistic what I'm thinking ? Please let me know your experience !