I was looking for perfect IDE for PyS60 development. I was working with eclipse + pydev plugin, but in pydev I miss autocompletion of PyS60 modules. Then I moved to Eric4 IDE and made it working with PyS60 apis with autocompletion. Here is the steps , try out!!!
1. Install Python (http://www.activestate.com/activepython/)
2. Install PyQt (http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/.../pyqt/download , select windows installer package based on your python version) - Eric is python + qt application
3. Install Eric IDE (http://sourceforge.net/projects/eric-ide/files/ , download & extract eric4-4.3.5.zip) once you extract go to eric extracted dir and run python install.py
4. Install PluginRefactoringRope plugin from eric Plugins->Plugins Repository Menu
5. Install PyS60 (You might already have it)
6. Now it is time to make Eric to know Pys60
6.1) Run eric api creation tool to create PyS60 API file
python C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\eric4\eric4-api.py -o c:\PyS60_api.api -R -p "C:\Program Files\PythonForS60\module-repo"
6.2) Goto Eric IDE , Settings -> Preference-> editor ->APIs
select "Python" from Language box
Click "..." button and point to C:\PyS60_api.api file
7. You can do the same 6th step for other python modules also,
python C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\eric4\eric4-api.py -o python_api.xml -R -p C:\python26 (For python standared modules)
python C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\eric4\eric4-api.py -o eric_pyqt.api -R -p C:\python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4 (for python QT)
Then add all the APIs files to Settings -> Preference-> editor ->APIs
8. Eric , Settings -> Preference-> editor ->APIs select "Python" from Language box and verify all your Api files added.
Press "compile APIs", wait for some time , Press apply , Press Ok button
9. Eric , Settings -> Preference-> Rope , check enable autocompletion
10. Eric, Settings -> Preference->Call tips, Check enable call tips
Yuppy !! You are done. Enjoy the full features (with auto completion) for PyS60
Eric Home: http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/