×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: sms log

  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    138

    sms log

    Hi all,

    I am trying to get received sms log using below code snippet, but it does not working in S60 3rd Edition FP2 Emulator. I have sent 1-2 sms using Emulator->Tools->Utilities->Messaging->SMS message, and run my application, but nothing is happened. Please let me correct where i am wrong.


    import logs
    myLog=logs.sms(mode='in')
    for i in range(len(myLog)):
    print myLog[i]["number"]
    Last edited by pavan.pareta; 2009-07-10 at 13:01. Reason: Code Modified.
    Pavan Pareta
    Sr. Software Engineer
    http://windows-mobile-dev.blogspot.com

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: sms log

    Quote Originally Posted by pavan.pareta View Post
    Hi all,

    I am trying to get received sms log using below code snippet, but it does not working in S60 3rd Edition FP2 Emulator. I have sent 1-2 sms using Emulator->Tools->Utilities->Messaging->SMS message, and run my application, but nothing is happened. Please let me correct where i am wrong.


    import logs
    hello pavan

    the reason is you have kept the "mode=in" which should be out if you are checking the log of outgoing messages.

    Cheers,
    Gaba88

  3. #3
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deva, Romania
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: sms log

    Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    the reason is you have kept the "mode=in" which should be out if you are checking the log of outgoing messages.
    Take another look

    Quote Originally Posted by pavan.pareta View Post
    I am trying to get received sms log ...

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: sms log

    oh i misqueued that.

    Anyways i checked the thing in my system and noticed something strange after sending sms using the SDK utilities, the emulator log is not displaying the details of messages received.

    And thats the reason we are not getting any output in the code.

    Is it a bug in the SDK?? Can anyone verify it too.

    Regards
    Gaba88

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    138

    Re: sms log

    Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    hello pavan

    the reason is you have kept the "mode=in" which should be out if you are checking the log of outgoing messages.

    Cheers,
    Gaba88
    Dear Gaba88,

    I have already mention in the code snippet i want to get incoming sms log only.
    Pavan Pareta
    Sr. Software Engineer
    http://windows-mobile-dev.blogspot.com

Similar Threads

  1. Delete sms entry on call log
    By Current in forum Symbian
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2008-02-21, 10:37
  2. How can i delete sms log
    By Kumar Ranjeet in forum Symbian
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2007-06-08, 14:12
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2005-12-01, 23:57
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2002-10-02, 07:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×