Discussion Board

Wireless internet phones in U.S.

I have a wireless web site, developed from the Nokia toolkit, and would like to know just how many people can access my site, and what companies allow their subscribers to access any, and not some predetermined list of wireless web sites. I'm trying to market my service and need to know if everyone with a wireless internet ready phone can access my site.

It's carrier dependent, and knowing how fragmented the carrier networks are in U.S. I would say it's very difficult to estimate number of potential number of users for your service. Couple of years ago in Europe almost all carriers had "walled garden" policy in their wireless internet access. Today most of the carries allow free browsing on the Internet. I suggest you to contact some of the carriers direct to ask about their policy.

JN

Thanks JN for your response. I'm new to this type of technology and am trying to do my "own thing" with wireless technology. My site is at RoadExits.com and basically it's designed for people with wireless internet to get information regarding interstate exits, i.e. food, gas and lodging in a timely manner from their phones. It's been rough going so far, I need some help.
    Wanna see if this is viable?