×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    430

    PyS60 Application Packer does nothing when pressing "create"

    Hello,
    I tried to create a .sis from the .py-file available here:
    http://jouni.miettunen.googlepages.com/sensoranalyzer

    I first installed PyS60, then noticed that I need also a desktop python, so I installed Python 2.6 and reinstalled Python for S60.

    I have two issues: There is a shortcut to something called "Scribble" that does point to nowhere. I guess the sis is created during the installer run but it fails.
    The second is: When I use PyS60 Application Package, select the sensor-analyzer file and press the create-button, nothing happens. I'd expect a .sis-file besides the .py-file in the same folder.

    I'm using Windows Vista.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: PyS60 Application Packer does nothing when pressing "create"

    Quote Originally Posted by axeljaeger View Post
    Hello,
    I tried to create a .sis from the .py-file available here:
    http://jouni.miettunen.googlepages.com/sensoranalyzer

    I first installed PyS60, then noticed that I need also a desktop python, so I installed Python 2.6 and reinstalled Python for S60.

    I have two issues: There is a shortcut to something called "Scribble" that does point to nowhere. I guess the sis is created during the installer run but it fails.
    The second is: When I use PyS60 Application Package, select the sensor-analyzer file and press the create-button, nothing happens. I'd expect a .sis-file besides the .py-file in the same folder.

    I'm using Windows Vista.

    Any ideas?
    hello axeljaeger

    i faced this sort of situation earlier and i installed Python 2.5.1 instead of Python 2.6 and then it worked and i don't know the reason.

    Regards
    Gaba88

  3. #3
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    430

    Re: PyS60 Application Packer does nothing when pressing "create"

    This solved indeed my problem, thanks a lot.

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    131

    Re: PyS60 Application Packer does nothing when pressing "create"

    Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    hello axeljaeger

    i faced this sort of situation earlier and i installed Python 2.5.1 instead of Python 2.6 and then it worked and i don't know the reason.
    The reason is that since ensmble is squeezed with Python 2.5.1, it works only with those Python versions that are byte code compatible with it.

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: PyS60 Application Packer does nothing when pressing "create"

    Quote Originally Posted by mahesh.sayibabu View Post
    The reason is that since ensmble is squeezed with Python 2.5.1, it works only with those Python versions that are byte code compatible with it.
    hello mahesh

    thanks for explaining the correct reason.

    Regards
    Gaba88

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2010-08-10, 21:34
  2. Do Symbian rejects the Express Signing request on any Business Development ground?
    By arpit2agrawal in forum Symbian Signed Support, Application Packaging and Distribution and Security
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2009-02-19, 10:46
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2006-12-18, 18:39
  4. Application without icon in application menu
    By iulian_moldovan in forum Symbian
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2006-12-14, 09:38
  5. filtering application as a recipient?
    By aidj in forum General Messaging
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2002-11-12, 06:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •