Discussion Board

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Roles of Discussion Board & Ovi Support

The Publishing to Ovi Discussion Board is for help from peers and not a support mechanism.

To report an issue to Ovi Store please go to https://publish.ovi.com/help/feedback. This ensures that we capture the correct information on your content and give full answers in a shorter time frame.

Use this forum to chat with others about the Ovi Store and get quick generic help.

Ron

Regular Contributor

Re: Roles of Discussion Board & Ovi Support

That makes perfect sense.

However I think many developers have turned to this forum out of desperation, as responsiveness from feedback on publish.ovi.com has been very slow. Hopefully this already has/will soon improve.

For me it does not make sense. What do you mean Ron? are you upset by our criticism regarding Ovi?

Most of the people here are developers, they should be able to figure out themselves how to use Ovi store application, or when stuck, to be able to read the docs. Otherwise how do they write applications?

The bottom line is we DO NOT need "generic help". What we need are answers to questions like:

*How does Ovi store compiles "Most popular" and "Suggested" lists?

*Why some of our applications have been removed from the store without any notification?

*How were sales statistics for June affected by Ovi store technical problems (with reports)?

*How much time does it take to publish an upgrade or a new application?

*Does Ovi store offer a valid business model for developers? and how does this model differs from other store models (Apple store for example)?

... and so on.

If you do not want the answers to the above questions to be discussed in public, please setup a more private environment and let us know.

Please do not tell us what to discuss and what not, it sounds like censorship!

Best regards,
    Lau

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnsen View Post
    That makes perfect sense.

However I think many developers have turned to this forum out of desperation, as responsiveness from feedback on publish.ovi.com has been very slow. Hopefully this already has/will soon improve.
    I do not think it is desperation, it is disappointment. Ovi store has been very much promoted to developers as a unique opportunity offered to them. Instead it proves to be nothing more than an application store with a high time to market and an obscure way of indexing and promoting applications. (Not to forget about the lack of dynamic registration and detailed info about purchases.)

BR,
    Lau

Ron, I believe you have not tried it. The feedback link is also not working quite well. Your description is in perfect tense. /eric

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    To report an issue to Ovi Store please go to https://publish.ovi.com/help/feedback. This ensures that we capture the correct information on your content and give full answers in a shorter time frame
    Ron

*How does Ovi store compiles "Most popular" and "Suggested" lists?

That is generic

*Why some of our applications have been removed from the store without any notification?

unless they know the name and other information they can't check it needs to go to support help

*How were sales statistics for June affected by Ovi store technical problems (with reports)?

That is generic

*How much time does it take to publish an upgrade or a new application?

This depends on so many variables that it is impossible to say. All that is certain is with all things equal it is faster now than a week ago and that was faster than a month ago.

*Does Ovi store offer a valid business model for developers? and how does this model differs from other store models (Apple store for example)?
    That is not a question for Ovi to answer and one of the reasons for this discussion board.

* If you do not want the answers to the above questions to be discussed in public, please setup a more private environment and let us know.

* Please do not tell us what to discuss and what not, it sounds like censorship!

No offense but you either did not read my message very well or do not understand the meaning of generic since most of the things you ask are ones to be asked here and not in Ovi support.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by erichuang2008 View Post
    Ron, I believe you have not tried it. The feedback link is also not working quite well. /eric
    The link works for me https://publish.ovi.com/help/feedback perhaps it was down or it was a problem with you accessing a secure link.

Ron

Wink Re: Roles of Discussion Board & Ovi Support

True. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't works. just much like Ovi Store.
    You are really a story teller in FN. Very well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    The link works for me https://publish.ovi.com/help/feedback perhaps it was down or it was a problem with you accessing a secure link.

Ron

Maybe next time, you can tell the story why my applications are stolen from Ovi Store Client. I really want to know. But none, no one, not anybody from Ovi Store or Nokia tell me why.

Quote Originally Posted by erichuang2008 View Post
    Maybe next time, you can tell the story why my applications are stolen from Ovi Store Client. I really want to know. But none, no one, not anybody from Ovi Store or Nokia tell me why.
    There is someone looking into your problem. disruptive messages are against your agreement. I understand you are frustrated and feel angry. write me an e-mail but making it harder for others to find answers is very bad and I can not tolerate it if it continues. Feel free to write directly to me on this matter.

Ron