Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Basic signing sis questions...?

hi friends,

i have developed an application now i want to send it for signing but i have more question please try to answer to my basic question

1. publisher ID will cost $200/year for one ID,if i request Publisher ID from Trust Centre then can i use that one publisher ID for many application to sign(more than 10 application)..?

2. how much will they charge for express signed and certified signed...?

3. if i want to sign through express signed should i send it to Test house if not whats the procedure for express sign..?

4. if i send my sis to express signed or certified signed is that particularly for 1 device or many device, what i mean is if i developed for N73 (3rd edition) then signed sis for only N73 or can i install it on any other devices like fp1,fp2 and fp3...? are we sending our sis file for signing or testing for perticular device or what(like for n73)..?

thank you friends waiting for your reply..

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Basic signing sis questions...?

1. Yes.
    2. I would chekc that information from the symbian signed web site, just to get the correct and upto date pricing.
    3. You should check the procedures from the symbian signed site as well, they are explained in there very well.
    4. You can in most cases use same sis file with different devices and platform versions, so in general the answer is Yes.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by keerthi.ck06 View Post
    1. publisher ID will cost $200/year for one ID,if i request Publisher ID from Trust Centre then can i use that one publisher ID for many application to sign(more than 10 application)..?
    Yes you can use that publisher ID many applications.

2. how much will they charge for express signed and certified signed...?
    https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/page/overview/faq
    https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/pa...iew/testhouses

Note that for express signing you have to purchase content ID for each submission.

3. if i want to sign through express signed should i send it to Test house if not whats the procedure for express sign..?
    Symbian signed will (audit)randomly select application submitted to express signing and test it. You do not have to worries about testing.

4. if i send my sis to express signed or certified signed is that particularly for 1 device or many device, what i mean is if i developed for N73 (3rd edition) then signed sis for only N73 or can i install it on any other devices like fp1,fp2 and fp3...? are we sending our sis file for signing or testing for perticular device or what(like for n73)..?
    Yes you can. but you have to mention generic S60 3rd edition platform UID in your .pkg file.

Regular Contributor

thanks for Your replies.. it helped me a lot...