Discussion Board

Thread: Screensavers?

Screensavers?

Hi, I recently got my 3510i, and I've been writing MIDlets for about 6 months (in my spare time) awaiting this purchase!

I was wondering whether it is possible to write screensavers for the 3510i, and if so, how to do it, and how to then get them onto my phone?

I was wanting to write a company logo screensaver, to put on the intranet, and allow all company members to download if they were feeling particuarly patriotic ;-)

Just general pointers, or "this can't be done for your phone" comments would do :-D

If it can't be done for my phone, which phones can it be done for?

Thanks! I'm a bit new to this :-)

Tim

Regular Contributor
    Hello,

Due to the security reason of devices and the "SandBox" feature of the MIDlet, developers can't make a MIDlet access any native resouce such as retrieve a phone number from "Contact", check the new messages in "Inbox" or detect the status of the device and launch a Screensaver.

Regards,
    Kui

Ahhhhhh....I see!!

So is it possible using the C++ SDK, or do I just have to wait for MIDP v2, and code signing?

Thanks for the response :-)

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

Just got confirmation from my colleague, C++ can do the Screensaver. But 3510i is not a symbian OS phone and there isn't any C++ SDK for it.

If you'd like to know the detailed processes how to make a Screensaver in such as 7650 and 3650 Symbian Phones, post a thread on the Symbian discussion, they probably can help you more.

For MIDP 2.0, I don't think it enhance this part of capability.

Regards,
    Kui