Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

[moved] Unable to debug signed sis!!!

i know this might sound weird question but i could not find a work-around for my problem.

I am trying to debug a WLAN app on the device. Debugging on the PC was not possible so i had to do it on the device directly.

I am tryin to use the TRK tool to do the debugging. However, the tool lauds the sisx file for my app always. i could not modify it to load the sis file which i have self-signed from symbiansigned. I need to have the signing here because implementing WLAN functionality requires ReadDeviceData and WriteDeviceData capabilities.

Any suggestions?
    Regs
    AF

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Unable to debug signed sis!!!

Menu Project > Properties > Carbide.c++ > Build Configurations > Active configuration = Phone Debug (GCCE) > SIS Builder > Add (or Edit) > in dropdown "PKG File" menu select "sis\YourApp.pkg" > Signing Options = Sign sis file with certificate/key pair > Set path to your devcert/key, enter password > OK > OK .

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Unable to debug signed sis!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A.A.M. View Post
    Menu Project > Properties > Carbide.c++ > Build Configurations > Active configuration = Phone Debug (GCCE) > SIS Builder > Add (or Edit) > in dropdown "PKG File" menu select "sis\YourApp.pkg" > Signing Options = Sign sis file with certificate/key pair > Set path to your devcert/key, enter password > OK > OK .
    Actually the problem seems to be that abolfoooud get his file signed through Open Signed Online so Carbide's packaging configuration cannot help him. If anything that SIS build config should be set to "Don't sign".

I would rather change the setting of my debug launcher configuration so that it points to the signed sis file, ensuring that it's name/location don't expose it to the risk of being overwriten by Carbide's builds.

Or, change debugger's global settings to prevent it from re-building before launching the configuration.

Wither way one should remember after making such changes that the app you see on the device is not necessarely the latest version you have built
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Re: [moved] Unable to debug signed sis!!!

unfortunately this does not work as i do not have devCert. I am using the only available self-singing option on symbiansigned.com, which is online and does not provide a devcert and key!!

Nokia Developer Moderator

I'm confused now, are you replying to A.A.M. or to me?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

sorry ltomuta i did not see ur reply when i replied to A.A.M. I did not refresh the page
    Thanks for your reply by the way. I think it will solve my problem.
    Will test it now
    Regs