Discussion Board

Exclamation When can we see the next Nokia NFC phone???

Hello everybody,

I've read a couple of you are concerned about following Nokia NFC phone releases. I heard at a techology conference in April, that Nokia was supposed to release 2 new models before the end of the year. Anybody has a clue or knows about this statement?

There are many of us out there developing on NFC and trying to find applications commercially feasible today, but there is always the concern about the technology and if it's not going to die or if it might take too long for the next phone to come out.

By the way, has Nokia stopped 6212 Classic production? Is there anything I should be concerned about with the software (no secure application, just 3rd party) running on the newer 6216?

Thank you!!!!

Re: When can we see the next Nokia NFC phone???

Nokia made an announcement that somewhen in q3/09 they will start to ship the nokia 6216. you can find details on the phone here: http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/ge...nokia-6216-nfc

br, gerald

Re: When can we see the next Nokia NFC phone???

Quote Originally Posted by geri-m View Post
    Nokia made an announcement that somewhen in q3/09 they will start to ship the nokia 6216. you can find details on the phone here: http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/ge...nokia-6216-nfc

br, gerald
    Hi Gerald, thanks for the reply. Very interesting post on your blog by the way, I think Nokia step will help NFC to gain mass adoption. Let's hope there are more NFC phones coming out before the end of the year, specially rugged ones.

Juan